don't click here

Sonic 1 ¡D3LSIML~TWISTED!

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MarkeyJester, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    You would need to move all the drawing moved to the 32X framebuffer. I don't remember what you mean by Sonic-32x+ but the original Sonic 32X by drx did not do any drawing on the 32X framebuffer.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Even then, I don't think it would really be hardware rotation. Even so you'd still have issues with the loops due to how the 32X graphics are placed compared to that of the Genesis itself.

3. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Oh right! 32X hardware is just a framebuffer that lets you map scanlines anywhere in VRAM; all effects need to be done in software.

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Yep, it'd be software rendering, and it'd run slow as fuck (I doubt you can get more than 15FPS, unless you're Zyrinx). You'd get more colors, though! =P

5. Skaarg

Skaarg

That was awesome. I just tried it out on my phone, and for some reason I kept feeling like I was playing a game where you rotate your phone. I'd really like to try and beat this on my computer with a controller when I get home.

6. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus
    This is a great hack. If you could change it so it doesn't rotate back whenever you jump, but as you hit the ground, it'd be terrific.

7. Some Dude's Hand

Some Dude's Hand

Needs more loops... Member
    Empire City
    Getting my ideas off the paper and into the computer.
    That sort of reminded me of this.