don't click here

Some bugs that keep hitting me...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Miles3298, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miles3298

Miles3298

Bug1 Anywhere: A static Miles. He slides across floors in standing anim (when player 2 isn't trying to move him away), and can't get away from Sonic unless a fall (or other trigger that makes him do something). Get the trigger using either the one here or here.

Bug2 EHZ: Just place the up-down platform thing when the Robuttnik EHZ boss disassembles. The broken ship gets carried! By the way, it's from me hack. Ignore the pallete and loss of flowers (yeah, I took the flowers out, they mess up pallete hacks too much without a pallete row change. :P)

Bug2 Screenie: [​IMG]

Bug3 ARZ: A probably known bug done by a teleport box. The mountains go bye-bye and the bushes/trees/whatever the fuck they are start scrolling.

Bug4 (where ever pinball enable/disable objects are): Sonic gets stuck in a little ball, can't jump, or any of that. He can only jerk left or right. The reasion is simply due to you not going through another pinball enable/disable object.

.::5th edit::.

2. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    bug 2 is easy, the vehicle is programmed to move up or down when it needs to.

3. The Wanderer

The Wanderer

Never really posted Member
    Flash Animations
    Considering these are all accomplished with Debug (well short of the first 1, as that can be pulled off without debug....), they really aren't bugs per se. They are just errors caused by debug due to the fact they shouldn't be occurring in the game to begin with (like a transport box would never be placed in the game outside of 2 player mode or having a moving platform in the boss battle area). Lots of janky things can happen in debug and as you've shown, there are plenty of examples. But because they don't normally occur, they really aren't bugs, but debug errors.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forums. :)

4. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Well, that's not really true

5. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    As something of a corollary to bug 1, Sonic got stuck in his spinning animation loop in EHZ once on Sonic Jam. Dunno why.

6. Tom41

Tom41

Pheer the baby EggRobo! Oldbie
    UK
    I frequently get Bug 1 in CNZ on Sonic 2. CNZ is known to be buggy, especially for Tails. I have seen many times Tails 'following' Sonic by just sliding along the ground, doing his waiting animation. I've also seen Tails float down slowly through the air doing his running animation.

While on the topic of CNZ, I've also had Sonic get 'stuck' in a spinning pose, often after being shot out of one of those pinball launchers. Sonic remains spinning and jerks to the left or right when you press that direction. Jump seems to be disabled and there's no way to get out of that spinning pose, without going to an area where you're not meant to spin.

7. Miles3298

Miles3298

While on the topic of CNZ, I've also had Sonic get 'stuck' in a spinning pose, often after being shot out of one of those pinball launchers. Sonic remains spinning and jerks to the left or right when you press that direction. Jump seems to be disabled and there's no way to get out of that spinning pose, without going to an area where you're not meant to spin.

Well, did he go through an invisi-pinballer only once? That can explain it sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.