don't click here

SMPS in Sonic & Knuckles Collection

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MainMemory, May 4, 2014.

1. winterhell

winterhell

What about the one on the Generations CD ? Is that a rerecording or a remaster?

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    New features:
    • Separate settings for: S&K/S3K endings, Data Select, Special Stage result, Blue Sphere result, Blue Sphere title, Blue Sphere difficulty, Time Attack records
    • New options for "By Zone" and "By Character"
    When a track in the S3K section has ByZone set, it will play the selected song for the track in the S3 section in S3 zones and the selected song for the track in the S&K section for S&K zones.
    When a track in the S3K section has ByCharacter set, it will play the selected song for the track in the S3 section when playing as Sonic and/or Tails and the selected song for the track in the S&K section when playing as Knuckles.

3. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    After a significant under-the-hood update by Valley Bell, the 1-up jingle now properly resumes the previous song.

4. ValleyBell

ValleyBell

Tech Member
    researching PC-98/X68000 sound drivers
    A small note from me: The update reworks the sound system, so the performance should be better.
    This includes the use of the XAudio2 audio API, so there should be no stuttering for Windows Vista users anymore. (for Windows XP users, it can fall back to DirectSound or waveOut)

5. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Oh right, I updated the compiler to MSVC 2013 (Windows XP), so you'll need the redist package to run this new version.

6. Reckonusm

Reckonusm

Chile
    Hello! It's time to spend the trial posts.
    I'm very happy of this plugin. But I have a problem, I hope that this will be answered =(
    I'm using HQ Plugin with Mp3s, and this plugin as the "fallout" dll. I wanted to replicate with your plugin and the HQ plugin the method that the Sonic 3 Complete Hack uses: one song for normal invincibility and one song for Super Sonic, but only the hq mp3 played. If I delete the music asignation for the invincibility themes, your SMPS plugin works, but the invincibility music doesn't stop when the powerup fade out, so there are two songs playing: the invicibility music of your plugin and the mp3 that the hq plugin asigned to the level.
    Thank you for helping me or enlighten myself with a solution, and sorry for my english, is not my primary language.

7. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    It sounds like the HQ music mod doesn't stop music properly, so I think you might need to switch the order, so that the SMPS player is first, and the HQ music is the fallback.

8. Reckonusm

Reckonusm

Chile

Tried just that and now there is no sound =(. Thanks in advance, I thinked that everything was poorly written.

I hope some day the Sonic 3 Complete hack will have the HQ plugin functions integrated somehow =(