don't click here

Sega Video Magazine + Other Sega Preview Videos.

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Kiddo Cabbusses, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    To be fair people were digging up Spanish VHSes and French magazines and whatever

2. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Like I said, contact Madroms. He already has most of the videos broken down publically. Although I imagine he might be reluctant about helping you guys, seeing as you stole his pics without credit before.

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Madroms only goes up to January 1995 (I make it 16/60), and it's good to double check things. Also I'm genuinely interested in some of it so I don't mind a sift-through

(p.s. the Chaotix footage in this one is notable).

4. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Mr. Kiddo (who I didn't realise actually owned that channel until after I posted it)

There doesn't seem to be many videos for 1997 - is that because the set is incomplete or did Sega stop producing them for a bit?

Also as a running commentary for anyone who cares - currently at April 1996 and it's all got a bit depressing. Nothing spectacular unless you know what you're looking for, unlike the early days where you could plainly see broken things and mess.

But hey, "TwinBee Taisen Pazurudama" (or whatever it's called). Unreleased game most people would overlook - got a PlayStation release

5. I'm not entirely sure. While 1997 doesn't have many magazines up, it also seems to be the only one up wtih a "New Year's Catalog" Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i822BQ95iG4

Also, other Saturn previews:
    blah
    bleh
    blih
    bluh
    bloh (Some of it)

Brut Press stuff also has some Saturn but I haven't put it up yet.

6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    So I've been through all of them now (bar that New Year's one - I'll get to that later today) - my current theory is that yes, there were probably more videos in 1997 that haven't preserved. It doesn't make much sense to skip on 1997 (which was a big-ish year for the Saturn in Japan) and prioritise 1998 (where videos are almost half the size due to a lack of content) - finding proof will be a nightmare because photographic evidence that any of these VHS cassettes exist is difficult, but yeah, it's weird to have a gap like that.

On the plus side I guess
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7WUBrxf09I
    this was set to be released on the Saturn... but was cancelled. Project X2 aka X2: No Relief - it's the last Team 17/Ocean Software collaboration, the duo which brought you Worms.

7. If all else fails, I can perpetually search Yahoo Japan Auctions for items... XP

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Sega Saturn Otoshidama Catalog Video?

It's similar to Sega Video Magazine... but games are cycled through at a much faster pace and not much time is spent talking about their contents, so I'm inclined to treat it as something else. Blah, blih and bloh probably fall outside the scope of Sega Retro but bleh and bluh are more meaningful - just got to find out exactly what they are before I commit to making pages

Yahoo Japan doesn't have much (or it didn't when I checked last week) - seems these things were rare in Japan too