don't click here

SEGA Mega Drive Classics Hub (PC/Steam)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TimmiT, Apr 20, 2016.

1. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Not sure about Robotnik's Revenge, but Sonic VR appears to use the SSF2 mapper (relevant genplus-gx commit), so unless the MD Hub gets Super Street Fighter 2, it probably won't work.

2. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Noticed a few of my hacks are being listed on there. One video even uses one for a demonstration of the workshop.

Don't mind really, checking some of the pages, the user seems to credit the right people most of the time, and I likely won't get a Steam account anyway. I hope they at least display them competently however, and use the most recent revisions too.

3. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I streamlined reporting hack/homebrews/pirates by using "Not a mod of a Sega steam game and should be removed." in every report. I just had to press Cntrl + v each time I reported something and it made it go alot faster. There's some guy on there that knows what he's doing is wrong and he disabled comments in his pages. So I couldn't tell him that it's not a mod of a existing steam game but I reported him just the same.

4. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I really, really hope they add mod support to the simple launcher. Mostly because I've been spending a lot of time away from home lately, and my tablet can barely run the 3D room, but plays from the simple launcher perfectly. Also because as cool as it is, the room is pretty pointless without VR, and sitting through the SEGA and d3 startup every time is just silly.

5. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
  6. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    About people uploading mods that aren't there's... what if people change their username? I mean, I've uploaded Sonic Bash, but as soon as I change my username to "Big Shooter" (an example, because I do change my username on Steam at times, depending what game I'm playing), Sonic Bash is going to get reported.

I've already asked this over at SSRG, and the best answer gathered so far is, "got to hope they trust who you are". Oh, DalekSam said my links to Facebook/Twitter/YouTube may suffice but still, some people may not pay attention to that.

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Thank you, DalekSam :)

8. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS

The cute one here Tech Member
    Finland
    AMPS
    So, I am getting kinda pissed with some people on the workshop. So what I do? Make a condescending video about it! Aren't I mature!
    (And yes I know someone will want to start a flamewar against me. But you know, I am at that point I'll happily join.)

9. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    The guy wouldn't happen to be ????????.????, would it?

10. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    Okay, well. Now that the trash was taken out, let's move on with a better discussion about this. :v:

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I just gave it a try and... Is the "simple launcher" the old emulator? Because the TV filter looks better and it seems to run faster and everything...

Also, oh my god the default button configuration. Whoever made it didn't have a clue of what he was doing (RB as the C button? Seriously?).

12. Glaber

Glaber

Yes, simple launcher is the old one.

13. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/350-000-mega-drive-titles-sold-on-steam-since-mod-hub-launch/0166967

Damn.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Had to look up what chuffed meant, but good to hear that they're happy about this. Maybe this will lead to other things down the road *cough actual 3D Sonic game development tools cough cough*

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    ROM hacks can lead to Sega getting money? Who'd have thought. =P

16. Glaber

Glaber

Well I guess that now means those uploads of games like Sonic Jam 6 count as Semi-Piracy. Sega isn't making money directly off them, but they are making money off of the game needed to run them.

I actually have an e-mail ready to send to Nintendo over this as some uploads involve their IP's and games

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    New patch to the hub was released:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/34270/announcements/detail/957391314018186480

18. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Notably absent: letting hacks of games without SRAM have SRAM

19. Pirate Dragon

Pirate Dragon

As cool as this is, it's just fifty games from their library. Why don't they also put their more obscure games on there, and why not put out some of their unreleased or Sega Channel only titles? If they released a previously unreleased title on their hub the publicity would be massive. Just a suggestion for whomever is running this project, or whomever may know someone working on it.

As for sending emails to Nintendo over potential "semi-piracy" ... really? Nobody likes a snitch.

20. Glaber

Glaber

I haven't sent it yet. I'm hoping Sega will take action first.

After all, I would like to see actual mods on this workshop, not stuff like what's on this list: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=675657247