don't click here

SEGA doing a survey

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Endgame, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I've not seen a post on this, so thought it was safe to post it here:
    SEGA survey

[​IMG]

Post away!

2. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Heh I was actually going to make this topic earlier but I didn't. :v: Anyways I took the survey when I noticed SEGA Nerds shared it on Facebook. I really hope sega listens to us, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. It's good that they've delayed Sonic Boom Fire and Ice, so maybe they really are finally stepping up their game.

3. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Note: there's a section that asks what gaming-themed sites you visit. Sonic Retro, SEGA Retro, and SEGAbits are all options.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    And TSSZ and Sonic Stadium aren't.

Ehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

5. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    OK.

Before anyone gets salty:
    - This poll was made by the mobile department, not community management
    - It actually doesn't have much to do with Sonic
    - The things listed are actually the most statistically popular in various categories

So there's no conspiracy or any dumb crap like that.

6. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Something I find a bit interesting is on the first question, where they ask you what consoles you have and/or have had. Pretty much all of the Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and MS consoles are listed (including Japanese names for NES/SNES), plus some unexpected ones including Atari 7800, Jaguar, Commodore 64, Amiga CDTV, Neo-Geo, new "retro" consoles, and SG-1000.

Wonder why they left off the Atari 2600, though. :colbert:

7. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    So that explains why the poll noticed that I didn't play mobile games, and asked further questions relating to it (well that, and the Sonic Dash picture of course, lol).

8. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I gave them a very level headed, and painfully long survey. I hope they follow up with me, I have much that I'd like to elaborate upon.

This is how I responded when they asked what I thought of Chu-Chu Rocket:

CHUU CHUU ROKETTO NEZUMI O TASUKERU
    CHUU CHUU ROKETTO NEKO WA KOWAI
    CHUU CHUU ROKETTO, ROKETTO SUGOI

ZUUBABABABAAAA

9. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I wish I'd thought of that. :v:

I like how Dragon Coins is an option on the list of mobile games, but neither Chain Chronicle nor Sonic Runners are.

10. Flygon

Flygon

Apparently Shining Force isn't a Sega series on the checklist. They sure love their fanbase.

Anyway, filled in the survey. Made it abundantly clear that touchscreen controls are an abomination upon the entirety of Mankind. Also, how pissed I was as a kid that the Sonic and Knuckles Collection didn't have multiplayer LAN support.

PC Master Race, even as a kid. :v:

11. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    I took the survey pretty seriously, but I almost regret not going hog-wild in the box asking me what I liked about Streets of Rage, raving about Axel's appearance in Project X Zone 2 being literally the only new content for the series since 1994.

I'm not bitter.

12. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    You were 100% right doing so.
    Also I understand this survey was made by the mobile department, but surely, there's a chance community management would take a look at it as well, right?

13. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    I took the survey, only to realise half way through that it was mainly mobile based. And I really do not play mobile games. Never tried Sonic Dash or Sonic Runners in my life. When I'm out, I go out to be social. When I'm in at home, well, I have consoles there for gaming so...

I made it clear that I wasn't really interested in mobile games. And most of the Facebook comments also made that clear.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I also answered the whole thing very honestly and with a level head, making it clear that I like mobile games to be as high quality (or as comparable to "real games") as possible. I also said that I don't play mobile games much because they're mostly very shallow, F2P mini games that I refuse to spend money on. Something with substance is more worth it than something about setting high scores or endless runner #577258216.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What kinds of games do you play:

Platformer (eg, new Super Mario Bros u)

How dare you survey maker

16. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Dunno, but it was nice to see them include the Atari 7800 (that was the first game console I used, and I recently obtained one for my own a few years ago!)

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I was thinking myself it was an odd omission considering of all things the Amiga CD32 is on there. o_O

18. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Consider it more of a concern that these kids can't spell "Game Gear" (or indeed "Game Boy"). Also that they consider "House of the Dead" and "The House of the Dead" separate entities.

19. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I am so glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

The one thing I found pretty stupid, is the survey brought me to a page that established that I selected nothing to do with mobile games, and asked why. So supply my answer, and the next page asks me details of what I like about mobile games... I'm aware it's a survey from the mobile side, but if it's already established my non appreciation for mobile, why would it ask further?

20. Because people can't if else.