don't click here

SEGA 3D Classics Coming to 3DS

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    any 3ds Release of Sonic Chaos would be welcome in my book. I'm surprised it's still missing.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnI6y5xykqk

3. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    The 3DS Virtual Console seems all but dead at this point in all regions. I don't believe Japan ever got Sonic Chaos in general.

3D classics would be our only shot and Sega hasn't bothered with Game Gear ones (The SMS version is still on the Wii's Virtual Console.)

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hey, Puyo Puyo 2 is the arcade version!

5. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    So um, wasn't 3D Sonic 2 supposed to be out in US/EU by now? Didn't see any announcement of a delay or anything.

6. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

On the other hand, that also means the least amount of extras and modes if this is another 'as is' release, compared to the SNES or PC versions that added stuff like Exercise Mode or Nazo Puyo missions.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Been a while! We just got a physical collection announced.

http://3dclassics.sega.com/

[​IMG]

EDIT: I should note this is NA-only right now, hopefully this isn't the start of a trend considering Yakuza 0.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This is making me wonder how much of an effect Atlus USA has on Sega America. Cause the way they're releasing games in the west now seems to be very similar to how Atlus handles it. As in, they prioritize North America while Europe almost seems like an afterthought.

Who knows, maybe they'll get NIS America to publish it here cause Sega Europe sure as hell isn't doing a good job releasing Atlus/Sega USA's localizations here.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    If that hits Europe, that's a day 1 buy.

Don't be the NoA of old, Sega. Your European base is arguably your strongest.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You should probably complain to Sega Europe instead. I don't think Sega America has much say on if their localizations get released in Europe or not, outside of them getting a different publisher to handle it there. Which is what Atlus USA has been doing, pretty much all of their games since they were acquired by Sega have been published by NIS America in Europe. The exceptions being Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, which Sega Europe did publish here, and a couple of games Atlus USA published themselves in Europe but only did so digitally.

11. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    You know, I saw that game in a few shops in Japan thinking it was just placeholder boxart because I never bothered to actually try to read it. So that's what this is... interesting.

12. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I briefly thought "Oh, I'll just import it", and then remembered that Nintendo decided to start region locking handhelds at a time when most home consoles aren't even region locked. :colbert:

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sega Europe did tease 3D Puyo Puyo 2 on Sega Central a couple of days ago at least, so hopefully they'll be announcing the collection soon as well.

14. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Woah, wait. The West's actually getting Puyo Puyo 2??? They even translated the logo at last.

Shame, though, the 3D version from what I heard is one of few ports not to add new modes. Just one and two player basic (but with lots of rule options).

15. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Is Puyo 2 eventually coming out as digital standalone? I already bought Sonic and a couple of others so it would be kind of a dick move if early adopters had to buy everything again just for some mean beans.

16. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    eyyyyyy, finally. Hopefully we get the second one as well.

17. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    Puyo Puyo 2 alone makes this worth it, glad to see it's displayed prominently on the box cover!

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The bad news being, there's no chance they're releasing the first collection outside Japan now (this is the second one).

19. Vangar

Vangar

Nothings saying that they can't call the 1st one the 2nd one - stranger things have happened.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'd bet the reason they even considered releasing this one is because it has Sonic in it...