don't click here

S3K Loco

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tamkis, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Tamkis

Tamkis

Banned
    Pennsylvania
    Megaman 2: The Robotnik Wars, Unnamed S3&K hack
    Good news, another DEMO update is available! Many new features have been inserted into the ROM, including:

A new SEGA PCM sound effect ("I'm outta here!", from Sonic CD)
    More, better-aligned Knuckle's art from Knuckle's Chaotix
    Improved Knuckle's palette for the art
    Ported Music! (Though, some are WIP and need retouched from its initial port)
    3 new player modes (Blue Knuckles, Red Knuckles and Tails, Blue Knuckles and Tails)
    Improved AIZ
    2 modified, harder special stages (the 2nd is a WIP)
    1 new monitor (reverse gravity monitor. Currently only available in Debug mode)

See the first post for more information

Some pictures showing the new player modes:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Things I am working on:

Fixing general bugs
    Fixing bugs pertaining to Blue Knuckles modes
    Creating new special stages
    Other things

C&CC is welcomed, as always. Would you guys like me to write SCHG how-tos on how to enable Blue Knuckles, and how to make Red/Blue Knuckles & Tails mode?

2. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    This is a terrible idea. The S2 Death Egg song was clearly only meant to play for a few seconds before you encounter the boss, and it shows -- it clearly isn't fit for a full level.

3. Tamkis

Tamkis

Banned
    Pennsylvania
    Megaman 2: The Robotnik Wars, Unnamed S3&K hack
    Luckily, that is one of the only songs that aren't in the game yet (right now, a placeholder song is there). I can always change it, though to what, I don't know. I might just use Gene Gadget Zone A1 for that, or something else.

4. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.

I disagree. It doesn't play long enough in the actual game (if you run right at the start) so most people miss it. Why NOT have a full level where we can hear it more? X Zone from Sonic Advance has the same problem. You would never know there was more to the song than the first loop.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEoJ4xgsTBg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj_FcYVPa6c[/youtube]

Also all Boss music in the Sonic Advance series that only last for 4 hits.

5. Robjoe

Robjoe

The issue I see is mainly that the sounds like it won't even fit in Sonic 3, stylistically. It's not the type of song that comes to mind when I imagine the huge, open areas seen in the Sonic 3 iteration of Death Egg Zone.

Speaking of clashing styles: I honestly recommend just ditching the Chaotix Knuckles sprites. Unless you really want to redraw Sonic and Tails (and other miscellaneous pieces of art) in the same style, Knuckles will just stick out like a sore thumb.

There's tons of things that just plain don't fit in this hack, right down to your replacement of the Sega PCM. Just because you can change something doesn't necessarily mean you should.