don't click here

s3 2player hack

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Chronix, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronix

Chronix

Sorry for those of you expecting a hack I don;t know the first thing about it.

I was looking at Gaz_2_k's hoaxes and was wondering is anyone has done or has tried to make a 1 player level using the 2player levels in sonic 3?

2. Irondude

Irondude

I need some doggone help! Banned
    I think............that's impossible.

3. NickW

NickW

No, not really impossible. Esrael is converting all of the Sonic & Knuckles stages into Sonic 3 in the S3 Delta hacks. Since that is the case, you should be able to port 2 player levels to 1 player levels.

4. I think the 2 Player levels are set up differently than the 1 Player levels...or something...

5. NickW

NickW

You cold probably create new level slots in S3, add the tiles to that level and collision data and other crap too it, and it may work.

6. Dracula

Dracula

Oldbie
    I'm watching you!
    Converting NES Mappers to MMC5
    You can do that with LOs1 StH Scene Editor.

7. First of all, I thought that the 2 player zones were made with special tiles that were smaller (probably so there wouldn't be a squished effect like in Sonic 2). I guess a 1 player zone could be made as long as it used the smaller sprites.

Also, if the levels were able to made into a 1 player environment, then either the levels would loop like they do or level ends would have to be placed in there.

8. Dracula

Dracula

Oldbie
    I'm watching you!
    I just remember. Esrael just made a hack to play any stage on 2p mode. It's in the Sonic 2 Rev section.

9. Sonic 2 rev section of Esrael's site? if so which file?

10. Dracula

Dracula

Oldbie
    I'm watching you!
    I think it's the second one.

11. Most of them are Sonic 2 Delta (II & III) hacks, and Sonic 2&K ips files. Please help me, I really want to play ARZ in 2p mode!

12. Most of them are Sonic 2 Delts (II & III) hacks, and Sonic 2&K ips files. Please help me, I really want to play ARZ in 2p mode!

13. Chronix

Chronix

Maybe. But I think Sonic looks too squashed. Like it was a normal sprite shurnk down.

Also: I think that azure lake looks a bit like EHZ so couldn't someone do a pallet hack?

14. NickW

NickW

You cant play any zone that has water in 2 player mode. Well, you probably can if you change the level pointers.

Well, actually you can, in the beta, you can get into chemical plant act 2, but it comes out fucking screwey that you cant even see sonic or tails.

15. Dracula

Dracula

Oldbie
    I'm watching you!
    It's in the Sonic 2 Review section on Esrael site.

16. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    S2 2p > S3 2p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.