don't click here

Retro Channel & S1@SAGE2010

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Cinossu, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    If you don't want to log out first:
    Unless that didn't work either.
    It would be cool if it doesn't just say "failed" but also gives an error message, like "ping timout" or "server not found", though.

2. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    :< ...Really? Even if it is on the Achivement list on the Wiki page and on the ingame list...and "Nice Try" and "Not This Time", these didnt appear on your profile until you got them... It would be really cool to (Starting spoiler): + - Press something like A and Start to go back where you were after you loaded the state and let you continue playing.  

But oh well :<

3. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    I found a small bug, I was given the lightning onslaught achievement by stepping on the GHZ Act 3 switch and then onto the GHZ Act 2 switch immediatly afterwards in the overworld. I'm guessing it has something to do with the zone record data being retrieved.

Anyways, this Retro Channel project is amazing! I can't wait to see what else is planned for this!

4. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    + - You're doing it wrong =P  

5. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Please elaborate.

6. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    That happens in the original Sonic 1, too. The spikes crush you when you get on the platform, or they hit you, you fall ont he platform, THEN they crush you. =P

Think Poker, or other gambling games. What usually happens when you try to bite off more than you can chew?

7. Are you trying to say that to get the achievement you need to get 75 rings + - and then lose them all by hitting a Goal block? =P   I did have a sneaking suspicion that their might be extra requirements though, when I noticed that the hardest version also asked you to get the Chaos Emerald. Incidentally, what happened to RankoChan also happened to me with this achievement. I got the achievement, left, then immediately stood on the button again, to find I got the achievement for the second time.

EDIT: I think I made an error in judgement. I may have actually obtained "Enthusiastic Accumulator" for stepping on the button, though I didn't have that one before.

8. neonsynth

neonsynth

Previously 'SonicVaan' Member
    Germany, Stammbach
    gaming and music production
    I wasn't actually talking about THAT bug. I was talking about the bug, which leads you to the overworld, instead of the results screen. I couldn't make a gif, because it happened unexpectedly.

9. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    I thought it was supposed to send you back to the overworld if you die.

10. neonsynth

neonsynth

Previously 'SonicVaan' Member
    Germany, Stammbach
    gaming and music production
    Not really. For example when I died at Spring Yarrd Zone, it leads me to the results/records screen and then to the overworld. But with that one bug I did, it did not lead me to the results/records but to the overworld, thus leaving my score, rings, time, etc not saved.

11. Done. Quite convincingly, too.

12. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    This one was pretty fun. I got the 50 rings one, then tried getting 75 rings but nothing happened. I then tried 100 rings, and still nothing. I figured, maybe I have to get the emerald too? ( + - So I got the emerald and behold, there was my achievement. But then I pondered why I didn't get the 75 rings one. The first one is awarded as soon as you meet the quota, now this one requires you to also WIN the special stage, so...   )

13. LocalH

LocalH

So is there another requirement to get the Favorite Punching Bag achievement? It would seem logical that it would just take 50 hits in a single act (similar to Clumsy Hedgehog and Bumbling Idiot), and I even tried it with a single badnik (albeit having already got something like 30 hits from a different badnik).

14. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    I actually tried 50 hits from a Motobug, since he's the punchbag du jour. Nothing. I've tried taking 50 hits and finishing the stage, 50 hits and dying from running into a Motobug, but no dice.

15. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    That didn't work, either. Logging out and then retrying a bunch of times did the trick.
    I never read that thread because I never seem to have the right plugins to listen to the music posted on there with foobar2k

16. LocalH

LocalH

I don't think logging out of the site helps that much, as I'm having to retry several times whether I'm logged in here or not. I suggest just keep on trying until it works.

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Well, I restored most of my important records.

Artful Dodger should be renamed Ninja Hedgehog or something.

18. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I wish this emu had a recorder though. CamStudio sucks as a recorder.=/
    Wanna record some video of this.

19. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    You can still use the ROM in KEGA Fusion - you just won't get the online capabilities for it.

20. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Yeah, but the plugin won't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.