don't click here

Retro-bit announce new/official Sega controllers

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by 360, Jan 13, 2018.

1. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    I got a Retrobit controller at long last a little over a month ago. Standard Saturn USB. Works well enough. But... A+Start button combo doesn't work??? I've looked for information on this, but haven't found much. Does anyone here know how to remedy this?

2. Kobz

Kobz

Down on the Upside Member
    FLA
    Huh. Maybe try switching to X-Input with B+Start for 5 seconds to see if that changes anything?

F̵i̵n̵a̵l̵l̵y̵ ̵b̵a̵c̵k̵ ̵i̵n̵ ̵s̵t̵o̵c̵k̵.̵ Doh, apparently not.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  3. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    This post was 2 hours ago and I see "Currently Unavailable"

4. Kobz

Kobz

FLA
    Yikes, guess there were more than a few folks keeping tabs on these! Some of their other wireless models seem to be available in greater numbers than we've seen lately, so I'd imagine more are on the way.

5. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    My bluetooth Saturn pad isn't charging, and just blinks all lights when I plug it in, is that normal?

6. Kobz

Kobz

FLA
    Have you tried pressing the reset button on the back of the pad with a paper clip? I haven't encountered that with my four Bluetooth pads. All four lights blink on each of them when charging so that seems normal.

7. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    Thanks, it looks like it was just so dead that it needed a very long time to even charge. I don't really understand why all light codes aren't in the manual, which isn't hosted on Retrobit for some reason.

Attached Files:

8. Shaddix Leto Croft

Shaddix Leto Croft

Goodbye *Mwah* AND GOODNIGHT Member
    Still hoping for the 6 Button Dreamcast Controllers to appear at some point. Having a 6 Button DC Controller just seems like heaven really and it's been over a year since we last heard anything about it.

9. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    After 5 years of waiting, the dual-stick Saturn controllers are available to pre-order. It looks like they're only doing a 2.4GHz run this time around, but it seems like a Wired option is in the cards.

Ngl, while I dislike the stick design (they're reminiscent of the Switch joycon sticks which I've always felt were too small and short), I'm still getting it. You could probably change the caps or sticks to be higher - and the fact they're hall effect sticks helps soften the blow.

10. Xilla

Xilla

Might have dropped a few Xmas hints about the white one already....

Hope the lag isn't noticeable.

11. Kobz

Kobz

FLA
    Opting for analog sticks with Hall sensors is definitely a nice surprise -- almost a nod to what the Saturn 3D pad got right. I was hoping for a clear plastic variant but I'll definitely grab one.

It's a niche application, but I'd love to use this in games that map specific commands to one or more analog sticks but are otherwise played with the d-pad and face buttons, such as the single-player content in the latest installments of Mortal Kombat or even the Emerald Power selector wheel in Superstars.