don't click here

PROSONIC IS NOW OPEN SOURCE

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by saxman, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    What, did you start a hack in soned2 and now notice you can avoid the limitations? :p

2. I'm curious, did I just see 64x64 chunks in that vid? I thought all but 128x128 was broken?

3. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    What you saw were the standard 128x128 tiles. The video played tricks on your eyes =)

4. It looked an awful lot like you only changed the 64x64 in the corner of that loop.

DAMN YOU AND YOUR MIND GAMES.

5. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Well considering you didn't even add the video until 7 hours after I posted, no, I did not.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    That video is so awesome. XD

7. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Where in the world did that come from? O_o

8. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Ah sorry, I'm getting confused by stuff from the other page... anyway love the youtube vid :argh:

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Yeah, because the post says "modified 7 hours after posting" and suddenly a brand new link is there!

WOAH MY GOD! WHERE DID THE EDIT LINE GO!

Back on topic.

This in game level editor. You just pick a chunk and rop shit or is there some more stuff to it?

10. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    I'm adding to it. It can change the tiles, and it can save those changes to the PZF file. So it's not a temporary type thing like the debug mode in the Sonic games. I'm working on allowing it to change the blocks within the tiles, solidity, and all the other stuff that goes with level editing. The only thing I'm not interested in is allowing the engine to edit the art -- I'd rather people do that using their favorite art editor, like MS Paint, or Photoshop, or SonED, or whatever they want to use. But basically, it'll be a full-on editor inside the game engine, kinda like how Multimedia Fusion is.

11. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    It looks to me like at this point the difference between Sonic and Pro Sonic is akin to the difference between Sonic 2 REV 00 and Sonic 2 REV 01. I eagerly anticipate the release of this (you're still calling it Pro Sonic, right?)

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    I got a massive hard on.

13. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    Here's a question:

When editing things like menus(for later releases if it isn't supported yet), and we let the player change settings, like which kind of art to use, would there be a Switch/Variable system we could use(like in RPG Maker), or even something similar?

14. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
  15. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
  16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    The artistic thought and design you put into that tile... it's breathtaking o___o

Seriously, this looks awesome =P

17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    GENTLEMEN.

[​IMG]

The revolution has begun.

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    So, there will be just one foreground layer and one background layer, right?

19. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    The layer is in the block attributes in the tile mappings just like the original games. Right now though, Sonic's in front of everything regardless of layer because I haven't programmed him to be otherwise.

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    But will there be multiple layers? If it's just two layers, that would be really gay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.