don't click here

Project AXSX (2013 and Beyond)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Andrew75, Apr 25, 2013.

Are you interested in playing project AXSX?

1. YES, count me in, I would love to play this game.

261 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. I may play the game, (not sure how I feel about it yet.)

43 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Nope! Game looks like shit. I love only modern HD games.

7 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Your masterpiece is far more accurate to Sonic Team's original vision than any early, broken prototype will ever be.
    This IS Sonic X-treme.
    Take a break, clear your mind, but never EVER CANCEL IT. PLZ.

2. StreakThunderstorm

StreakThunderstorm

Mecha Madness
    Contrary to what everyone else is saying here, If your heart just isn't into it, don't force yourself to work on it. You'll begin to hate and resent it, spoiling it further. If you do decide to quit, don't get rid of your assets. Maybe in a year or two you can look back on it and get some sort of fresh look on it. If it helps you relieve your mind of the project and the stress contained within said project, by all means cancel it. Just never get rid of your assets. That's just a bad move.

3. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    That's actually what I was saying as well. No need to really come back if you're not feeling it. But why not someday, if you are?

4. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Aww man. I understand it's a long time coming but what you have still impressive. If you aren't into it anymore than it's probably best to let it go or at least cool your heels for a while before deciding one way or the other. I'm sure the new news from X-treme is both helping and hurting your resolve.

In any case I would love to see someone make something unique and modern with this style so maybe you can apply the work here to some other project in the future, Sonic or not. If not a full game then maybe a side thing. I've always thought that X-treme style stages would be perfect as the step up for the bonus levels in a new classic style Sonic title.

5. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Okay so yeah , Not canceling the project, so rest assured the project is safe, ( for the time being )

6. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Hooray! I'm so glad you reconsidered. Looking forward to seeing how this project turns out in the future.

7. Faseeh

Faseeh

YAY. Now I really hope more people will come and help you out! :D

8. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Regardless still advise the vacation, man.

9. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Amazing news to hear that this isn't cancelled - I've been ill over the past few days, so have just been catching up on all of this. Definitely still take a break from it if you feel like you need one, though! After all, although there are people excited to see this, at the end of the day it's your project which you've been creating from your passion for X-treme - if you're feeling fatigued with it, having a bit of a rest from it until you feel like doing some more would be no bad thing. = )

I'm definitely guilty of being one of those people who's been following this with interest, but who isn't always vocal about it - mainly because a lot of what I want to say has already been said by the time I see any new updates. For that I can only apologise - your project looks amazing, and to be honest I'm betting the engine behind it is truer to the classic Sonic style of gameplay than the original X-treme engine ever was! Having said that, the leak of all of this new X-treme stuff from STI and POV can only benefit your project, and creates even more exciting possibilities for its future.

Also, on that note - it's been incredibly heartening to see that you've been able to be involved in working with the new X-treme stuff that's leaked. You've always been incredibly passionate about X-treme - 8 years of working on AXSX so far is a testament to that - so it must be incredibly exciting to be able to be involved in finally bringing the original game to some sort of public release. = )

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

Just pace yourself and take breaks. That is the way you make it through an independent project. :) Enjoy yourself.

11. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Well reading that just made my Monday more bearable after not a lot of sleep last night.

As others have again said, a break will do you good anyway.

12. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Just take a few weeks away from it. Play some other games, or buy a shit load of movies and watch them. Or have a drink! Whatever you do to relax. Return when you are ready.

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Please don't burn yourself out. I've never really followed this that closely but if you put 8 years of solid work into something, you better reap some kind of harvest.

14. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    Yeah and what is this officially released demo you have mentioned? Is it actually a playable copy of their old buggy stages shown in the videos, or is it just videos. This is the first I've heard about them. If they're not something you can actually download and play then to me they're not worth anything while your project still is. Even if the demos are playable somehow, they still wouldn't be good enough because they wouldn't have implemented everything you have. After your project I am hoping that next someone takes the demo videos of Tiara's gameplay and creates a full game starring her based on it since basically she is a video game character with no game to use her in. One who was going to possibly be playable someday at that. Honey the Cat was re-added to Sonic the Fighters so it's all the more reason.

15. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Which video are you referring to ? If we have Tiara's sprite set than sure I'd love to make a playable of that.

16. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    This one

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvA64lxHRbg[/youtube]

17. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    I was referring to that question, I'm so confused ....

18. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    I posted this video to answer your questions about the Tiara sprites and action of her gameplay since it was the first thing in the video. Did you ever get to rip the Tiara assets shown in this video from any source material? If the sprites aren't available they could probably be re-created roughly by using screenshots of the video in motion and polished a bit to fight back against the video's compression.

Earlier in the thread you said something about new assets being released soon and that it was part of the reason you originally thought of cancelling the project. And my question was whether these new assets were in the form of a playable alpha or demo. I have not been able to locate these new assets you were talking about because you didn't post a link to them or the separate discussion of them. And my response was that if this new discovery was something I couldn't even try to play, but only be able to look at then it wouldn't do me any good in comparison to your game which will be worth playing.

What is better about your project after all is that it is trying to be the first truly finished version of the game.

19. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    The New assets did not leak publicly yet. You may read more about it here http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=33545
    I have not seen any sprites for Tiara in the new leak sadly. I guess someone could rip her sprites out of that video, but I don't think its her complete set which may not be worth using.

20. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    In Space...... Only Metal can scream.

[​IMG]