don't click here

Piranha from s2b; a genocide city monster?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by pianoman0391, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pianoman0391

pianoman0391

I remember seeing a piranha like sprite on another Sonic 2 Beta page... I think it was Sonic Cult... but it looks vicious, so I figured, "could this possibly be a Genocide City monster?" cuz I don't see any other spot for it in the game.

2. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    In most hacks I've seen the piranna was part of Hidden Palace Zone and it looks like it fits too. Besides, the mother bubbler is more like something from Genocide City. <_<

3. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    No, 'case Genocide City was never even started. (In ROM form) Also, Genocide City didn't look much like a water level.

I would say that CPZ would have been a fitting zone for that particular badnik.

4. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    The Piranha's code is kinda lame though. It just hops back and forth, making it only useful in small areas...

5. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Didn't the design sketches put it and its little "offspring" bubbles in Chemical <del>Factory</del> Plant anyway?

6. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    (we're talking about the other badnik)

7. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    Oil Ocean would have been suitable as well. Maybe even Aquatic Ruin?

8. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    http://www.shadowsoft-games.com/sonicdatab...PS/bubbler1.jpg

9. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie

10. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    http://www.s2beta.com/sprites

We are talking about the Piranha not the Bubbler's Mother. :P

11. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    Yes, either CPZ or HPZ. As for the water in GCZ, that's weird but, Carnival Night from Sonic 3 contains water. So, we know absolutely nothing.

12. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    I'm sorry that I started that stuff about the mother bubbler and we sould really get back to the piranha stuff. :(

13. pianoman0391

pianoman0391

But you see, Genocide City didn't neccesarily have to have water. The piranha could have swam in (or jumped out of) some kind of toxin, or oil. Think of Chemical Plant -- it didn't have water, but yet you had a watery substance that you could go around in.

Plus, considering that I believe the old Sonic 2-theory-of-time travel timeline could be Wood Zone -> Metropolis Zone -> CHEMICAL PLANT ZONE (because they had to dump that waste somewhere, look at how it changes that) -> Genocide City (after chemicals get WAY TOO out of hand... think about that for a while) the chemicals could be infested by piranhas in Genocide when they weren't in Chemical Plant. Really... the timeline seems to make sense, and the way the piranhas could come in later seems reasonable.

14. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I'm not sure as to whether we still accept Sonic 2 + Time Travel as hard facts. I haven't kept up with the facts lately.

15. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    There is some concept art for some enemys that list Past and present...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.