don't click here

PIER SOLAR: NOW SHIPPING

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Mad Echidna, Dec 14, 2010.

1. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    demo ROM has been available for about 2 years :P

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It has has it? Well, I'll try it some time then.

3. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    And that demo has nothing to do with the final game =/ They should make a newer demo...

4. TmEE

TmEE

Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    old demo sucks indeed... scripts are changed, GFX and sound went through major overhaul...

5. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Heh, I remember way back when this was in the infant stages, known as "Tavern RPG"...how things have changed, kudos guys involved.

6. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I got to test the game a bit, and still look at the demo and like it. It has an older charm to it, just like playing any earlier versions of a game that you're familiar with. Would be cool if Watermelon someday decide to share a lot of the earlier stuff that got cut from the game, if much.

7. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    So, uh, 1-2 years from now when all production has ceased, they'll be kind enough to release a ROM for the rest of us, right?

8. TmEE

TmEE

Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
  9. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    If nothing else, the package design is so elegant that I'm really starting to feel like I'm missing out.

Say, Tiido, what sort of work did you do for the game anyway, and how much? Are you getting a cut of the profits?

10. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Dude, the product looks...fucking epic. All the little extra shit sorta reminds me of what Infocom used to do, including a bunch of "feelies" in the packaging. If you'd traveled back in time to the early days and told me "Yeah, this is going to end up being pretty much the biggest MD release since the MD's days of official support", I'd have laughed at you and told you to STFU =P.

Feel free to pass my kudos along to the rest of the crew. I'm highly impressed. I really wish I could afford a copy right now, but I have too many other financial obligations :(

11. Flygon

Flygon

[​IMG]
    For those that don't believe me, check the URL.

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Is anything on SEGA Retro yet?

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm lost...why is this significant?

14. Flygon

Flygon

People had been worried that there would be no more future sales of this game, luckily however, it seems they will be making more production runs! :)

I'll probably end up snagging another copy, it's very tempting for some reason...

15. TmEE

TmEE

Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    I did the MD side music and SFX setup aswell as majority of the sound tools, some of the SFX, samples processing, composed one music track, did some minor GFX (like some insects in the caves and antialiasing on some of the cutscenes that never made into the game or got replaced...), hardware engineering, testing and other stuff along those lines. That stuff happened on little over 2 year period.

Its indeed really awesome, I was completely surprised when I saw it in person ^^
    Thanks for the kind words :)

16. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I'm still wondering why the cutscene pic of when you first meet Edessot was changed. He used to be all starry eyed like an anime character, now they changed it so he looks like the mascot of some '50s donut franchise =P

17. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    I've ordered the reprint version :) can't wait!

18. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    So I guess the coloured manual and Sega CD extras won't be up for grabs anymore? :(

19. TmEE

TmEE

Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    unfortunately nope