don't click here

New Mercurial Repository Request

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Wiz, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Wiz

Wiz

Tech Member
    Disassembling Shining Force II
    Hello again,

As expected after my last thread here, here's some kind of official request :

We Shining Force II hackers think this is the time for us to get a Mercurial repository ! :)
    On this repo we intend to share our IDA disassembly in IDC form, and the result of this in ASM form, with appropriate split/build tools.

Thanks in advance for your action if you agree with this :)

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    May I just ask...why does this belong on Sonic Retro's Mercurial? It's not Sonic related...

Forgive me if I've asked a dumb question.

3. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Ristar isn't Sonic related either, but we have a disassembly on the repo. It could be used as a Sonic/Sega Retro repository, rather than just a Sonic Retro one.

Either way, this topic probably belongs in the Community Mercurial Project forum.

4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Why shouldn't be on Sonic Retro? The sister site Sega Retro is all about Sega related stuff, not just Sonic. It's refreshing to see disassemblies of non-Sonic games. :) If I can find a licensed version of IDA Pro, I'd dissasemble AAAHH!!! Real Monsters myself instead of hex editing but I honestly can't find a licensed version. :\

5. Wiz

Wiz

Tech Member
  6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Yea I don't know what goes on with the disassembly side of things 'round here. Sorry I asked :p

7. Wiz

Wiz

Tech Member
    No problem AerosolSP, since apart from Ristar the repository seems dedicated to sonic games only, this was a legitimate question indeed !

About the new repository, I noticed that my write access gives me the rights to create a new repo ... should I do it myself or will I break something ? :psyduck:

8. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I'm with ASP. Putting these on a Sonic Retro repo would be somewhat questionable. I'd be all for a seperate repo for other Genesis games though... and this include MOVING Ristar, which looks out of place where it is IMO.

At the very least, though... they make seperate branches for different systems on the repo, why not a separate branch for non-Sonic disassemblies? I think such a thing would be great.