don't click here

My brother has a

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by True Dude, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    Tweaker, jeez, lay off a bit. He thought you were talking about a way to take professional screenshots with a computer. Don't scare the newbies. =P

2. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Ahh, you're right. The level has GHZ-esque tiles, and borrows much of the layout (and enemies, and some gimmicks like corckscrews) from EHZ. The music in the 2nd act is Angel Island.
    While you're playing the cartidge on the real hardware, you take a digital camera (preferably a good one, 4+ megapixels) and you take a picture. Then you put it on your computer and upload it to an image hosting service. You can make the picture smaller with a variety of programs such as Adobe Photoshop.
    For help on taking the picture or getting it on your computer, consult your camera's manual.
    That would be Simon.
    Because you don't know how to take a picture or use quote tags. You also originally said you had a promo cart and backed it up with nothing.
    He's not a newbie, he's a full member. We can scare him. =P

3. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    Guys, seriously, lay off. He seems apparently new to how things work in the smarter end of the internet (no offense intended) and thus is adjusting. Give him some constructive criticism on how to make topics like this propperly and such, and he'll be fine. Half of the people who replied in this topic (including me) acted the same way and went through the same thing.

Andrew: It's generally better not to post a topic saying "I know someone with a beta!" or something to the same extent and not show proof - this guarantees a bitchslapping and the label "BULLSHIT" applied to the claim. Get some pictures ASAP, maybe do a little research and spot some differences in the levels, compare, etc. and then post it all here. ^^

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I would cut him slack if he wasn't acting like a blunderting retard from the start. Whether he is new to the "Smart side of the internet" or not, he needs to learn for himself. I'm not cutting him slack because he's young, or new. I won't cut him slack because he has a brother with a supposed beta. I will NOT cut him slack for ANYTHING because he does not deserve it.

Out of curiosity, how old are you, Andrew?

Nah, I'd think it was LocalH. Perhaps I'll make a post in Forum Affairs later.

5. Shade

Shade

I do agree with most of what Tweaker said. After all, the pre-registration quiz and trial posts evalution is there for a reason; That reason being to weed out who belongs here and who doesn't; Those people being decently intelligent people who don't act like idiots and are willing to contribute if they can.

Even so, I say we give him a little while to shape up, like making smarter posts and giving us some solid screenshots, before we decide to do anything too harsh and just off him. Tweaker is indeed being the slightest bit harsh, at least moreso than is called for in my opinion. He hasn't done anything THAT bad, yet.

6. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Nope, wasn't me.

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Ah, fair enough then. I brought the issue to forum affairs, to avoid spattering this topic.

It's not about bad, moreso about annoyance. When I;m trying to have useful discussion, I don't need some idiot coming in and ruining the topic, as well as my mood.

Furthermore, I'd like more proof of beta claims before I'm willing to support them. Once you get some pictures or a ROM dump, I suggest you try again.

8. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Agreed. I say BS until further proof comes up. And the fact that he added no detail to this topic, doesn't help. It's quite obvious that he made this topic just to get credit for it, when (a) it wasn't even his accomplishment and (b) he didn't even explain it at all.

*hits "ignore topic" button and suggests others do the same*

9. By the way, I don't have a digital camera, so it might be awhile untill I get a picture ingame.

By next week I'll have about 12 or so.

Oh, and I partially remember the intro of it:

Shows Japanese text of some type.
    Shows Sonic (someone in background says sonic)
    Shows Knuckles (someone in background says knuckles)
    Shows Tails (someone in background says tails)
    (someone in background says and)
    shows silloute of Eggman
    Shows title screen (someone in background says Sonic Pocket Adventure)
    Says and shows "Are you ready?"

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Does this not explain my point entirely?

I hate you. Stop lying and come back when you have a real proto to show us.

11. Shade

Shade

I have to agree here. Your history is not on your side. That, and you should wait to post things like this until you have proof to go along with your statements. that's how it works around here.

Just make sure your next post is a relevant one. You may be skating on thin ice.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I remember seeing that cartridge pic a while ago. It might still be somewhere within my backups...

13. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Why only "partially remember"? Can you not just play it and check?

14. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    I believe it was on a japanese auction site. Wasn't it in the tech member's lounge?

15. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Heh, that's odd... I could've sworn it used the music for AIZ from S3...though for act 2 (a la S3D, it used different Act1 and Act2 songs, but they weren't usually the same song, and were additionally made more awkward by the fact that mid-zone, art never changed). No S1 or S2 music was used, for the same reason that the actual release of Spinball didn't use their theme song.

I recall that the special stage also didn't have rehashed music.

'Course, I think we have all wondered exactly how on Earth the levels Aerobase and Gigantic Angel were connected anyway.

16. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Now he's banned I await the complainers to arrive and go "OMG WE COULD HAVE HAD A REAL BAEAEATA BUT YOU RUINED IT BY BANNING HIM".

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yes, but there was also some guy who seemed to own one of those even before that auction was made (he had a site featuring a couple of pics from the cartridge, but it's long gone).

If I remember correctly, he was willing to get it dumped but he posted about it at the old Sclassic EZboard and he got completely ignored (and his posts removed when the board went to waste).

I think the screen caps from the back of the box were taken from this version, but I can't be sure for obvious reasons.

18. fuzzbuzz

fuzzbuzz

Tech Member
    Here
    Many Many Programming/hacking tools...
    Yeah, I'm the brother of the kid who fakes an irish accent everywhere he goes. So what?

Fuck you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.