don't click here

More Sega Channel prototypes dumped.

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Kiddo Cabbusses, Jul 20, 2011.

1. rganders

rganders

I've got no issues sharing images of what I have. I do have images on my IG of some newer stuff and the museum display. Of course, I would like to get some better quality images of what is there. And eventually take that sweet ass background home with me

2. BillyTime! Games

BillyTime! Games

Pardon me if this ends up being off topic.

Its been a long time since I posted here but I may have uncovered some useful information. I've been trying to recreate 8-Bit Flashback's Demo #4 Rom everdrive hack using a healthy supply of trace logs and poking hex addresses via game genie. Why you ask? Because I'm infatuated with all things Sega Channel.

I found the line of code used to boot the rom back to the title screen after your selected game has "loaded".

Hex Offset Command JUMP to
    00:2D80 4E F9 JMP ($00FF0104)

By modifying 002D82 - 00:2D84 to jump to a different offset in the rom, I have managed to get the demo rom to go to a black screen upon 100% with no other errors in the rom.

I guess the next order of business is to get the rom to boot literally anything else. I imagine It would require the use of an assembler.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  3. Pirate Dragon

Pirate Dragon

I think this is the first documented image of Chessmaster on Genesis/Sega Channel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  4. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
    That magazine was printed on November 1, 1996 and in that article they partially reveal some of the games scheduled for that month... I'll add them to the wiki...

5. Pirate Dragon

Pirate Dragon

Waterworld was released as a Test Drive at least, unclear if the full game released in the following months like Ocean's other Sega Channel exclusive The Flintstones as 1996 schedule coverage is poor.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List