don't click here

More bugs in Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by NickW, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickW

NickW

Today I was messing around with Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and I discovered it is possible to get Knuckles into Sonic's area, but you have to take a slightly different route. When you are on the diagonal thing in Act 2 of Carnival Night Zone, you just onto the platforms to get to the things that lifts you up.

Doing that, I was able to get into Sonic's area. No Knuckles cutscene, switch to turn on light is broken, and the capsule in Knuckles finish is missing.

Becuase of this, you have to go into Sonic's boss. But instead of that, I climbed up the wall on the left next to the boss area. I glided to the right, and I was able to enter the junk area of Carnival Night Act 2, with Knuckles.

Just thought Id like to let people know about this, even though this is probably known by some people.

2. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Yea, I've done it a cupple of times. I like it, because it's pretty simple to do.

3. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Banned
    I really think Knuckles' S3 levels were too rushed; you can glitch into way too many spots you shouldn't.

4. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Meh, just use debug. :P

5. NickW

NickW

without debug :P

6. The Wanderer

The Wanderer

Never really posted Member
    Flash Animations
    This is a fairly well known glitch, as I, and many others, have been doing since S3&K release years ago. Still, it probably deserves its own topic, as this is a good opportunity to talk about level wrapping since the other topic that talked about it is now closed. ;)

7. Kampfer

Kampfer

I found this out when I was 10. I was awed that they forgot to block that. Of course that was before I had the internet and knew about debug mode.

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I dreamed about looking at the level design of Carnival Night O.O

9. Miles Nightfire

Miles Nightfire

Oldbie
    I remeber doing this along time ago (on the gensis I think), Rather then running behind the funny hill things, I manged to get ontop of them and got to the funny elevator thing where knuckles hits the switch and you go up, but there was no knuckles and I was stuck (couldn't climb up second pipe thing)

10. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You don't need to play the boss. Just run into the teleporter at the bottom (where you thought you were trapped)

11. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    and it is inactive if you follow sonic's path... duh

12. NickW

NickW

Defently true, on one exception.

On Sonic's boss with Knuckles, I beat it, changed by location with debug when the act 2 complete stuff came up. This is where it gets weird.

The lazer thing came through the floor, and Knuckles was moving twords it in a ball, but when he got shot up, he wasn't fully on the transporter.

13. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Btw, I know that Knuckles' path in Angel Island Act 2 has water, but the waterlevel will go down after you kill the boss. But what's with Carnival Night? Is the water totally gone?

14. NickW

NickW

Knuckles path in AIZ 2 has water when you play as Sonic or Tails, otherwise there is no water.

And there is no water in CNZ with Knuckles.

15. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    The water goes down after the mini boss in AIZ2. I'm positive about that.

16. NickW

NickW

And that too, otherwise Sonic will be falling in water to a ruin with no water than water.

17. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    But it's only when playing as Knuckles. Not as Sonic or blue-knux

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.