don't click here

Logo Contest! - Vote!

Discussion in 'Mobius Engine Project' started by Gen, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    The two fonts I used were Motor Oil 1937 M54 (the one Rolf made less pointy) and Mouse Deco (for the "Sonic Retro Community Engine" part). Got 'em both off Dafont. =P

2. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Oh right, it was first posted by Blue Emerald, my bad :v:!

Anyways, whoever can recognize those or Blue Emerald, feel free to point out these names so I can get a nice mockup of the logo and fonts in vectorial form done. I cant read.

:v:

3. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Right above you. :v:

4. Elratauru

Elratauru

Well, this is my final take of it I guess:

[​IMG]

It has 2 Colour-Variations (For the logo itself) and 2 text variations, the one made by Blue Emerald and one I did myself. It works both in black and white backgrounds, and its all organized on folders in its PSD.

Personally, the one I most like is the Blue Logo with ZigZag-text on Black BG, since it feels so Sonic but I guess all the other variations are ok to use.
    Feel free to grab the psd (It uses vector masks so don't worry too much about scaling and stuff) here.

Also, the logo has a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Creative Commons License so yeah~~

5. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    I personally prefer the last row, black or white doesn't really matter to me, both look awesome.

6. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Same for me. I think the plain blue one is too... simple? I dunno. But I like the zig zag ones anyway.

7. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Third one down, black background. That's the one I like.

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Last row. But I think you should have both black and white background variants just in case.

9. Elratauru

Elratauru

That's why I made both black and white backgrounds. Each logo is used as its needed, its a pretty common practice when making logos unless the logo has some kind of forced background.

The white/dark gray letters will be used depending on the background its used on.

10. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Any chance of removing the top zig-zag line from fourth row? That's the only thing holding me back from preferring it. Although I'm wary of turning this into a classic Sonic Retro bikeshed clusterfuck - if general consensus is that the fourth row is good, then it's good.

11. Elratauru

Elratauru

Well, the license I used allows to modify the logo pretty much as you wish as long it is for non-commercial usage. It's all up to Gen right now.

Though I must say that if we remove the top zig-zag it would just lose the "ribbon" feel that the text has on that layout and the word "The" would be kinda floaty.

12. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Hmmm.... I prefer the bottom left one; it smacks of classic mid-'90s Sonic, and I like that.

13. RolfTheUber

RolfTheUber

Seattle, WA
    School
    I prefer the one on the bottom right. I'm not entirely sold on the "the" before "mobius engine" in the logo, though, especially when it's placed on top.

14. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Third row, right. Something about those wavy lines and the way the text is ordered on the fourth row I just can't stand.

15. dsrb

dsrb

I'm all over the wavy lines, if only that “THE” can be enlarged to fill that gap in the upper left corner.

Edit: Including resizing the other words if necessary. Why aren't “MOBIUS” and “ENGINE” just the same size, anyway? If anything, it should be the opposite and the former should be larger, but I don't know if any disparity between the two is necessary. Perhaps “THE” should be smaller in any case, though.

16. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    I can see what you mean, but I think it fits together nicely the way it is. If they were both the same size, where would "The" go nicely?

17. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I actually prefer the first one (Top left). It's got a really cool Sonic 2-esque vibe, whilst the logo has the mobius strip effect and the Sonic/Sega blue without looking like the Google Chrome logo.

18. All I know is, it's gonna be hard to choose just one design to pick for the actual logo.

I think it may be better if there is a vote. Not necessarily vote for all of them but vote for 1 out of 5 or something.

19. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    I have two further variations. One is entirely based on the variations most recently posted, using the basic design from the "wavy lines" version with the dots from the other version on top and bottom of "THE MOBIUS ENGINE" (and spacing of the same slightly adjusted for internal consistence). I also took that variation and enlarged the "THE" to occupy the remainder of the width difference between "MOBIUS" and "ENGINE", and shifted it downward to align the baseline with "MOBIUS". Uploading to Imageshack as we speak, will post them shortly.

Edit: Here they are. Full size, as found in the PSD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also feel that the all-blue variation on the strip itself should be considered depending on the particular usage (for example, if being placed on a red- or yellowish-orange-heavy background, as an alternative to outlining the logo).

20. Gen

Gen

This is halloween! This is halloween! Member
    The Mobius Engine
    May as well I suppose. Let's narrow it down to three, and we'll put it to a vote.

I'd say the first variation of LocalH's looks pretty decent. The second one I'm not so happy with the size of "The"; it just doesn't seem to flow very well.