don't click here

ITT We attempt to explain Knuckles' plot in Sonic 3/Sonic 2

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Josh, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I remember a Prima guide years ago trying to explain that Knuckles wasn't fighting an Eggrobo, he was fighting Robotnik in a mask, so that he wouldn't catch on to him until the very end. It seemed to imply that the Sonic game and Knuckles game went on at the same time, and so Eggy couldn't let Knux find out who he was, less his deception be uncovered.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it? Let's see if we can come up with something better. HOW and WHY do Knuckles' stories work? Especially the one in Sonic 2... just what was Knuckles doing on West Side Island?

2. John Calibur

John Calibur

I thought it was established that Knuckle's story happened after Sonic's.

Knuckles had no story in Sonic 2, it was just a display of lock on technology, but if you just HAVE to explain it, I'd say he was looking for the chaos emeralds or got wind of the robot infestation on westside. or maybe he looked up and saw the death egg, I dunno.

3. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    Back in the day, a friend of mine believed that the Eggrobo, that emerged from the wreckage (Sonic's ending) was actually Robotnik, rebuilt, after the fall from space at the end of the Doomsday Zone, and that Knuckles was fighting one very pissed off doctor. And when Knuckles got to the final boss fight in his story, Robotnik was distroyed by his own creation.

4. Knuckles woke up one morning and punched some dude so hard he broke the fabric of space and time and travelled back to West Island circa 1992.

5. synchronizer

synchronizer

6. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    How about this, Knuckles was told of the ruins on South and Westside Island by Sonic before he left. Angel Island happened to float near Westside Island, so Knuckles went down to investigate. Now, depending on how you think the Chaos Emeralds work, such as my theory of if they are on Westside Island, they enter the Special Stages cause of a preist casting a spell upon them, the Chaos Emeralds had returned to these particular Special Stages. Robotnik learned of this, and returned with the rebuilt weapons used in Sonic 2, as this was all short notice and thus he didn't have time to build new machines, to claim the Chaos Emeralds. Bing Badda Boom, the events played out like Sonic 2, with Robotnik retreating to his old Wing Fortress, and then up to a branch of the Death Egg that had survived Sonic's attacks, and used the repaired EggMecha to battle. At the end, Tails saw the new explosion and went up in the Tornado to investigate, only catching Knuckles out of Knuckles' own luck. Tails returned Knuckles to Angel Island, where the events of Knuckles Chaotix them played out.

Well, that was a two minute thought of a theory.

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Oh God not this again.

There should be a list of forbidden topics in the rules...

8. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Or just one huge theory topic, where we idiots can theorize all we want.

9. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Actually theories shouldn't be allowed altogether, as per rule #11, though it has never been enforced strictly, unfortunately. By the way I have nothing against theories, I just hate how every once in a while someone pops up with a thread identical to one we had in the past. This is like the fourth time I see people talking about Sonic 3 & Knuckles' storyline.

10. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    ORRRRRRRR... we could make an entirely separate forum section for the theorists, and we can talk all we want about shit that doesn't matter to everyone else. Then we can keep the philosophers and the peanut gallery apart.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    At least it's not A51 back in the old days. Every other topic was a theory with no basis whatsoever =P

12. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    lol this is Sonic Stadium

If you really want to make up your own story for Knuckles in Sonic 2 (seeing as the whole game is nothing more than a bonus feature, really), I'd just say Robotnik flees back to West Side Isle after S&K and Knuckles chases after him. But I don't see what's so complicated about Knuckles's story, to be honest. I mean... even the game itself tells you what's going on. >_>

13. JoseTB

JoseTB

Tech Member
    No basis? But there was clearly a cactus in one of the QQZ walls =P

Okay, sorry for the offtopic, but frankly there isn't that much to theorize, just look into the actual game manuals.

14. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Knuckles story in Sonic 3 happen after Sonic's Story, as it can be seen in the background of Angel Island Zone where there's only sky. Egg Robo was probably a survivor from Sky Sanctuary destruction and probably got short circuit or follow Robotnik's Plan B.

Kunckles in Sonic 2 is just an "official rom hack".

15. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    I used to think the Egg Robo that rose from the wreckage was Robotnik and then he gets killed by mecha sonic which was all "wooooah". Of course, I'm totally wrong.

I also liked the fact that Mecha Sonic killed that Egg Robo. That was awesome.

16. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    About all this priest/special stage theory, I have to say that Special Stages are mere distortions of time/space created by the chaotic energy within the emeralds, as stated in The Sonic Bible, and Sonic 1 manual. So the Special Stages are like blackholes/alternative dimensions. They simply happen to create different dimensions for each game, that's why each game have different special stages.

Overanalizing it a little more, the emeralds create different special stages for each game simply because there are different sets of emeralds for each game, if we take the different sets of emeralds theory into question.

And yes. Since I was a kid I would belive that Knuckles quest happens after Sonic's in S3K. I thought that EggRobo was EggRobo (even though I didn't knew his name), and that Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2's story was that it doesn't have a story, and it doesn't need one at all. It was just Knuckles [skin] in Sonic 2 game. Simple as that.

I still belive in this to this day.

17. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    I think Knuckles was on a mission to clean up Floating Island and rid the place of all of Robotnik's leftover Badniks. I'm sure Eggrobo was involved in Knuckles' story because it may have been dispatched by Robotnik to take control of the island if Robotnik himself failed to do so. So, in a sense, Eggrobo is like Robotnik's evil mechanical ambassador.

18. CloverCC

CloverCC

You know, I've always thought of Sonic 3 and knuckles as a giant seinfeld episode.. Everything is happening at once, different conflicts and obstacles for Sonic and knuckles, eventually cross paths, etc.

Although Robotnik can't be in two places at once, he built a machine in his own image to handle knuckles. But since the machine was a machine, it can mentally process things faster than Robotnik (Little known fact; Robotnik built egg-robo with BLAST PROCESSING!!!!!11!!1!!), therefor acting more rapidly, and much more dangerous..

19. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Lol yes
    Sonic = Seinfeld
    Tails = Elaine
    Knuckles = Kramer
    Eggman = George

20. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member