don't click here

How would you redesign Sonic the Hedgehog?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Pulse, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I want to see Gainax redesign Sonic, specifically the team that did Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That would be awesome.

2. InstantSonic

InstantSonic

Just add water! Oldbie
    Didn't you get enough fan service in Sonic X? lol

3. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Yes, yes it would.

4. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Ditto on Gainax. The team for Lagann could redesign them just as they did those mid episode cards. How epic would be a series completely drawn like this? Cartoony, cool and edgy. Their story telling skills are excellent as well.

5. This is amazing! + - The cycloptic design reminds me of the Juubi from the Naruto series. Excellent work here!  

6. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Genndy Tartakovsky.

Not just the character, but the whole franchise. I absolutely love his stuff: the way incredibly different elements can be thrown together but still work; the way it can be dark/epic but also cute/funny without conflict because everything is so broad; and of course the direction. His direction is so bold and 2-dimensional that it would suit a franchise that's used to being a video game really well.

7. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

Never thought about that, but you're totally right. He could do some amazing stuff, but I've never been a fan of the voice-acting in any of his stuff... not sure what it is.

8. Vantoggle

Vantoggle

Thank you all so much for the input on Metal Sonic, I'm surprised it was received so well although I changed his behavior and demeanor.
    --
    Dernit…
    All this talk of Gainax got me curious
    [​IMG]

Also the cute animal pics remind me of Tom Rhodes reinterpretation back in ‘09
    [​IMG]

9. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

American Greetings says hi

10. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Fooly Cooly was so good too...

11. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    He's left handed, just like in mine from ages ago... =P
    [​IMG]

Of course, I know that's because Haruko is originally, but still, something about it is natural looking.

12. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Has a strong early 90's vibe and +1 for the MJesqe boots.

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I would wear this on a shirt. Awesome.

14. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    I can't think of an artist I'd want to redesign the characters but I would like to see what Nintendo does with Sonic, particularly the division that designs the pokemon. They seem to have a good imagination when it comes to animals.

Other than that, Media Molecule. They actually listen to the community, they would try to find a way to combine all the good aspects of the old and new instead of plugging their ears.

15. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    This. Can you imagine how amazing a Sonic cartoon would be by him. Someone should start a campagin.

16. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

DUDE, this is wallpaper material! Can you upload a higher resolution of the same picture somewhere?

17. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    You know how I'd want Sonic to be redesigned?

[​IMG]
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WFU1z0D2UFM/S8Ej...1600/popeye.jpg
    [​IMG]
    http://www.darlingdimples.com/images/may07/bimbomodel.gif

In a Max Fleischer style, or something like it. A bit more around the late 20s, early-mid 30s animation, rather than an earlier discussion which seemed closer to the early 20s.

Alternatively,
    [​IMG]
    http://mythblogogy.files.wordpress.com/201...e2_restored.jpg
    A Sonic cartoon in the style of Wartime Cartoons. This was always my favorite era of cartoons, and Robotnik at war? That'd be fun. :eng101:

18. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    Well, Ohshima's designs in the early to mid-90's seemed to have a very rubber hose style to them, but it seems like Sonic himself was never really animated in that style. Though I agree that it would be very cool to see a Sonic drawn by Fleisher or Clampett. It would be interesting to see how each artist drew him in their own natural style, just like Bugs Bunny. It makes me wonder if there's anyone out there who's studied classic animation enough to make a convincing 30's or 40's-era Sonic. Hm...

19. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

Dude, I would be all over a interpretation of Sonic in the style of mid40s-Chuck Jones / Bob Clampett!

20. [​IMG]
    My Sonic redesign

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.