don't click here

Graphics

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    My biggest problem with the current Amy, if we have her in the game, is that she still looks too much like Sonic - her proportions are nearly identical. Even in Sonic CD, Amy looked a lot different than Sonic in terms of size and shape. Here I've tweaked her face to make it look more feminine/"innocent"/young, made her slightly shorter, gave her smaller shoes, and made her quills smaller:
    [​IMG]
    Feel free to use it as a base if we do use her. :v:

2. Witch Chao

Witch Chao

Now with 200% more Bullshit Member
    Super Sonic Drift
    Hey, thanks again! I see what you're saying there. I didn't like the face on my old one either.
    Now Here's comparison of all versions, inlucindg PC2's face revision, and one of my own that I didn't get a chance to thrwo up yet:
    [​IMG]
    I think that PC2's face revision is the best, and I may go with it, I'll just have to give a pixel back to her torso(I shortened her torso in my Rev. B, and then used the same body.) I also changed the pose because this new one gives it a more innocent flare while maiking it easier to work with. I also shrank her right foot by a pixel, so it looks less akward.

Now I'm stuck though. Should we use the CD Pink, or this new Pink that I came up with?
    Also, should I give a pixel back to her torso on the PC2 rev. B?

P.S. Thanks again PC2. You found a core problem underlying Amy's bleeding hues and strange growth spurt. Maybe that's why it looked really unprofessional...

3. Aquifer

Aquifer

I notice a severe lack of springs in this project. ;)
    [​IMG]

It's [supposed to be] a hybrid of Sonic 1's and Sonic CD's springs. Feel free to make a diagonal version if needed. :P

4. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    I don't know why, but it looks like an 8 bits spring

5. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    [​IMG]

What about these..? :x

6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    [​IMG]

7. Matwek

Matwek

What happened to those springs that had diferent styles for different levels? I kind of liked those ones if they could be changed to fit the level themes we have at the moment.

8. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    They're somewhere on this forum. I'll go have a route through if you haven't found them before I have.

9. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    They was based in sonic 1 levels.

Also, if we change them too much, we will break the chain :/
    In every sonic games (Genesis) have been same spring style.

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Actually, the style of springs changed every single game, including Sonic CD and Chaotix (games outside of the mainstream "series").

Research before claims, methinks?

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
  12. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    If I may suggest a tiny improvement to those springs..
    [​IMG]
    Added a black underline to the sprung spring, makes it look a little better in my opinion..

13. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
  14. Matwek

Matwek

Either way there is no reason why our springs can't have an added animation depending on the level, Ice cap had the ice block to break why not in the autumn level have springs that flings up leaves the first time you jump on it? etc...

15. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    What might be an idea, is something similar to the Advance games ( it was either in them or in a dream, I forget which c.c; ), where we have standard red and yellow springs that do specific heights of bounce, and then a zone-specific one that changes depending on the dropped on from height (ie. the more times you spring on it, the higher you go, up to a limit of course).

16. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
  17. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I hope not. I've never liked the dark shade of blue, eyes are too small, and it is obvious that it's just edited S3K...especially if you look at the shoes.

And about the springs, I remember hez made a fangame where blue springs act like the trampolines in Sonic Advance...that could work if it's not overused. Also maybe we could have very low powered gray springs.

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Uh... Sonic 3's sprites were edits of Sonic 2's. For the most part, they used the same exact poses, but drawn in a different style. The same thing applied to Chaotix's version of Knuckles' sprites. It's a natural progression that, logically, makes sense to build upon—it's what the real games did, so why not here?

19. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    It just looks lazy in my opinion, and all you guys did was recolor the body. That's shoddy work, and from what I've seen you guys can do better then that.

It's just a suggestion, not forcing this down anyone's throat as an insult.