don't click here

Genocide City will soon be seen.What's your guess?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Spexfox, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, with IceKnight holding the truth in his hands at this very moment, and contest running to see who will get it, the biggest mystery of how Genocide City Zone might've looked is about to be closed. Here you can take your last crack at it, and say what you think the level would've looked like. When the official sketch is released, we can see who's the closest.

Just write what you think the level may have looked like, and if you have a concept/mock-up, go on and show it. Have fun with these last moments of bliss (even though the pic still won't go public for quite some time).

My description:

A late 1980's punker style city, with spray-paint tags all over the walls of broken buildings. The background consists of clouds, which are the results of fire's across the distaint landscape. I can't really think of what the badnicks might look like, but I'm guessing there would be a lot of fire based attacking and traps. Spike pits are likely in the first act. The second act would be on higher buildings, so pits without spikes that just hit the floor of the level and kill you are likely.

Also, I mentioned a long time ago on this board (under a name I stopped using called "Gyro the Fox", which got deleted due to lack of use) that Genocide City Zone might look similar to the city found in "Sonic: The Movie", when Sonic and Tails exit the Warp Zone in the Land of Darkness.

(Note: Obviously, this isn't a place for truely proven ideas, but what the imaginations of the forum members can come up with. DO NOT come here to complaine that none this could ever happen and is unproven, it's all in good fun.)

2. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    ... actually, I was gonna say it'll probably look like the Ancient Relics from the Sonic Movie, but probably with pools of toxic chemicals and such and a few skeletans laying around, maybe some green acid rain clouds against an orangey red sky.

3. That is what I am refering too. Sonic calls them the Ancient Relics, but I beleive it's suppose to be New York. I say that because I remeber a Statue of Liberty being seen. I'll check my DVD tonight and see for sure.

4. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Guys, all we know about GCZ right now is it was originally going to be MTZ... You might wanna rethink these theories a little...

And I don't think they'd put skeletons in Sonic.

Also, I think "genocide" may have just been a bad translation from Japanese to English, if they knew what the word meant, they would've likely chosen not to use it.

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    WRONG!

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    I have suspitions that infinite? is ICEknight playing one of his famous guessing games.
    I don't know what GCZ is, but I'll find out soon enough.

7. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    wait, what?? Oh, are you talking about the prizes ICEknight's gonna be giving for the badnik contest or whatever? I guess I'm out of t he loop, but I'll certainly anticipate the release of the info.

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    No, he isn't that stupid. He would use his own name.

9. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    No, this dude is also on SCARZ, I think. Someone has 2 infinite symbols in their name with a ? at the end. Too much similarties.

It's not ICEknight.

10. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Well, the more observant of you will note that ICEknight has stated a few times before that Genocide City was intended to be a mechanical level, presumably in a similar vein to Scrap Brain and Metropolis. =P

EDIT:
    Contrary to the popular phrase, I believe ignorance isn't bliss. =P

11. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    Oh, the Japanese know what "Genocide" mean, and if they don't remember, the Chinese sure as hell do (look up "Nanking Incident", "Rape of Nanking", "Nanking Massacre", etc.)

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yeah, we were supposed to know that even before I had contacted Tom Payne... Also, remember that its very first name wasn't Genocide City to begin with.

13. Getting a little of topic arn't we? Like I said, don't worry about facts and just let out the fantasy. What do you think when you hear the level name "Genocide City Zone" associated with Sonic?

(And yea, it's the same guy from SCARZ, I just got tired of opening the character mapper to log in with infinite symbols.)

EDIT: Ignore the corny-ness of the previous statement and continue with the topic.

14. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

Lava Reef Zone
    Yeah, let's fantacize. ^^ Um, another way I invisioned Genocide City is in the background sections of my site. I'm too lazy to put up a link to the page itself, so go look if you're not as lazy as me. lol.

15. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    I still wish I had my original genocide city hoax. It was awesome.

16. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    You could always search it up on web.archive.org

17. Kles

Kles

I'd go but there is embedded music so... fail.

I really don't know, by the way. I don't care. I'm not a fan of speculation. I'll be more than happy to see it when it's out.

18. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

Lava Reef Zone
    ... it's because it's a MIDI from Sonic Heroes, right? Thought Team Dark's theme'd be cool... Y'know, you could just let part of the page load, then hit STOP at the top of your browser window, so all music stops on the page, or you could just turn your speakers off. O-o I'll change the main page's music to a MIDI of Live and Learn like I used to have.

*shrugs*

19. Yea, I saw that. Pretty cool looking. You might trick someone into thinking those are real some day. As a matter of fact, try that on a turd sometime, I want to see if it works. :evil:

20. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I invision GCZ being dark, dirty, and polluted. Buildings in the background, and there wouldn't be any electicity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.