don't click here

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Sparks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    Yes we're progressing smoothly and I'm really happy to be a part of it. Ay Jay has been doing a good job also and I am glad how much he getting better at sprites.

To be honest I doubt it, a lot of the palettes are custom by various cool people that contributed

2. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    GHZ Boss recreation for the upcoming version of my Engine.
    People been asking me so much to add a example boss that i had no other choice :p

[​IMG]

3. Unlimited Trees

Unlimited Trees

we Do a Little Mischief, Mischief... Member
    When
    UNITRES, Project Time, etc.
    Not only are the platforms higher, but Eggman is lower than he is supposed to be. The chain is off center, and it looks kind of short. Eggman needs to stop for a few seconds before moving to the left/right. When Eggman is defeated, he drops down way too fast. And Sonic shouldn't be able to go through Eggman, he's supposed to bounce off of him.

One thing I do like, is how the ball bounces off screen.

Also, question. Why did you use a gif?

4. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    The first two things are simple ifxes i can do. And meh, i prefer him to accelerate/decelerate :p
    And uh.. if you hit him in the original game, you can go trough him.

5. Seiph

Seiph

Fatty Lobotnik Member
    I have to agree with the others, though the ball rolling as it swings is a nice effect, aswell as it flying off when Robotnik is defeated, it would be good to examine the original layout some more as quite a lot of parts of Robotnik are off which makes it look a little sloppy, the twin lights are far too high in the egg mobile and the ring underneath the ball should be only touching the edge of the ball, I also noticed you are missing the exhaust flame for when he moves, finally, you should have the platforms be lowered slightly with Robotnik being raised up some more, I also don't remember being able to fall through Robotnik after hitting him, if for some reason that is true, it would be best to not allow it, I'm giving advice so sorry if I sound a bit rude.

Get a load of this:

[​IMG]

Eggman pun intended, I hope this helps you to correct the positions of things.

6. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    I did improve it a little bit, it's still not perfect but yeah :p
    I'm not the best programmer and getting it to work like this is already great for me lol.

Take a look: https://giant.gfycat.com/KeenTerrificHoki.webm

What i did:
    - Changed the height of Eggman and the Platforms.
    - Added the flames on his mobile once his hor. speed reaches 1.
    - He falls slower when defeated.
    - Centered the Chains position. (that one annoyed me the most)
    - Made Sonic bounce less after hitting eggman.
    - Changed the lenght of the chain.

7. Seiph

Seiph

Fatty Lobotnik Member
    Thats already looking better, height wise is great, still that one ring hiding under the ball should try and be removed and just have the four rings, then the ball. If you have the patience to fiddle and adjust the positions of things right, it will be perfect. :)

8. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    Thanks, i will try!
    Also Made the last ring invisible (it's only there to hold the ball) now.

9. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    That looks beautiful.

I always loved Sonic Time Attacked, did this as a little experiment. Anyone know if Jaimie Bailey is still around?

10. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    No idea where he is these days; the last time I heard from him was when Kaosu was asking him about re-mastering Time Attackeds levels as a bonus in Sonic Zero Remastered, but he didn't have any of the source files anymore (the farthest it ever got was Kaosu doing some remixes), so that fell through. Gotta say though, that's a pretty close recreation of Slide City; For a second I thought it was a direct rip!

11. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Thanks, I have gotten somewhat of an addiction to getting other levels into Sonic Max (I'm not that great at level design)
    I'd totally be up for rebuilding the whole game if I could for an updated release if JB was ok with it.

Technically it still is a direct rip. The layout is neeeeearly identical and the graphics were ripped directly. There are a few differences to make it work better with the engine and I added a path for Knuckles and Mighty.

12. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Oh wow, I'd completely forgotten about Sonic Time Attacked until now. One of my favorites at the time of its release. Too bad the source files are gone, but I reckon a from-scratch remake would have more worthwhile results anyway.

(Oh, and my Timer OCD is kicking in - Centiseconds should reset at 100, not 60.)

13. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Was one of the first ones I ever played. :D

True, though the individual visible assets aren't hard to rip. Just time consuming.

Didn't catch that... Thanks! ^_^

14. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    [​IMG]

*whistle*

15. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

[​IMG]

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

[​IMG]

Rotating the collision array was way, way more annoying than it should have been.

17. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    [​IMG]
    Still a lot to do, but ayy.

oh and
    [​IMG]

Fun both on the fore and back ground!

18. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

[​IMG]

You can now select which collision array element to use and edit them, and they will automatically rotate and figure the angle for you.

19. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Correctly loading blocks now:

[​IMG]

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Another day, another update:

[​IMG]