don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Tribeam

Tribeam

I code Lua and Lua accessories Member
    Yes, the tiles are correctly spaced in a 128x128 grid, the colors are all megadrive limited, here's proof

[​IMG]

2. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

This is looking good, very impressive shadow effects for the pallette limitations.

Hard to judge as well without the background. Looks like it would make a cool forest or cave/cabin level however.

3. Kaosu Reido

Kaosu Reido

While they look nice separately, the shadows elsewhere are top-down, and the ones on the tree trunks seem to be from the side. It looks off. The side shadows should go away altogether.

4. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Maybe just slant both shadows a little, the top-down ones sideways and the sideways ones inward so they look the same angle. Don't know how fiddly that might be to edit though.

5. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    The problem is that then you completely lose any sense of depth for the trunks. Honestly I don't care the way it looks now.

6. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    I thought I'd post this here as it'll get a bit more notice.

[​IMG]

Just something I'm working on for my hack, Project:MIGHTY. I haven't decided what color it's going to be so I've flat coloured it so you can see the depth(his moustache is red so you can see it). Insipration and base is the island in the background of Isolated Island in Knuckles Chaotix; I'm assuming it's Carnival Island.. but that wouldn't make much sense since that's where the game is set. I was just going to use that but Knuckles Chaotix uses a bajilion colours and the island is shaded into the background and would need to be completely redone, so I thought I'd take it one step further!

Eggman isn't in the game, but they're a few nods to him here and there. It's morning hense the sky pallete. I haven't decided the water pallete yet either. The first Zone is called Cocoa Beach.. a nod to another game.

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Nice Tails' Adventure reference.

Anyway, I like it so far, but might I suggest making the island stand out a bit more? Have various greys to add depth to them, be it entire buildings or just the edges of them.

8. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    Thanks. The main reason it isn't shaded yet is well.. I'm unsure how to shade it or what colours to use. It's morning so I'm sure of what colours the island would be reflecting right now.

9. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    For the heck of it, I'm going to post about a project I've been working on, though progress has been (mostly) off and (barely) on. Using SonLVL, I decided to give making custom level layouts a shot. So far, I've only completed Emerald Hill Zone Act 1 and 2, so this is nothing interesting, and probably really crappy to you all, but here is a glimpse at it anyways:

Act 1, ends with a Waterfall.

Act 2, begins at the end of said waterfall.

I'm only showing this off for now to show how important being consistent is to me. I prefer acts which actually seem like they continue on from eachother, rather than being in an entirely different area of the same locale.

Oh yeah, and here's the full level maps: Emerald Hill Zone: Act 1 - Act 2

They probably aren't good at all, and I can't I say I'll ever finish redoing every stage's layout.

10. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    [​IMG]

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Sonic

?

Looks neat, though!

12. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Sonic 2 Secret Rings Edition. You have infinite lives, so the life counter displays the current mission instead (0 = Normal).

13. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Would that be changed to have the name of the mission instead? Or left as is?

14. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Like many other things, that is beyond my current knowledge and abilities. Also I'm not sure where I would find enough VRAM space.

15. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    You could use the VRAM for the life icon, character name and lives counter for that; this would give 12 tiles of otherwise-worthless space since Sonic has infinite lives.

16. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

No matter how many times it's used I always take joy in the use of Hidden Palace. Will this be using a new layout or one akin to Delta/Long Version?

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Mostly the exact same layout as the original, but I'll add an ending with a signpost. Probably only one act.

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Cool. Will you be inserting the unused mechanics like the elevator and waterslide or creating a new route like in Long Version?

19. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    I'll note that the elevator isn't an unused element, it was made with re-purposed graphics and original code by Esrael for his Sonic 2 Delta hack.

20. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I heard however it was based on the intended plans for the level, though a lot of improvising was there. If not I'm stumped what that big slope to nowhere is for.