don't click here

General Character Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vincent, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Not with CS3 =P

Well I used some program to animate gif, it was simple but perfect... I don't remember the name...let me search somewhere on my backup dvds...

2. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    That's because CS3 has imagready's animator

3. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Here is the first draft.

iIt's incomplete for shapes and shading, but to get the overall idea is just enough.

C&C! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

4. Superspecs

Superspecs

I didnt like those 3D render looking sprites then and I still don't like them now. They just didnt seem to fit with the rest of the art and I didnt like the multirow's of spikes on Sonic, I always imagined the spikes were mohawk style.

That said your version is looking great especially taking into account the awkward looking pose your working from.

I really need to finish my badnik soon.

5. Superspecs

Superspecs

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
  7. Superspecs

Superspecs

I still think that bottom edge of the elipse isn't quite right on the alternating frame, as if theres a kink in the curve. No biggie, was just a thought.

8. SANiK

SANiK

Tech Member
    <!--quoteo(post=199864:date=Jun 12 2008, 06:36 AM:name=Vincent)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vincent @ Jun 12 2008, 06:36 AM) [​IMG][/quote]

That is freaking amazing

9. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
  10. Athelstone

Athelstone

Oldbie
    Yea, that is ace! Great job Vince.

11. Yeah, what's left to do on that frame of the spinning animation? The only minor problem I see is the left (back) foot, where the shape looks a little off. Other than that, it looks awesome.

12. Vincent, great job on that first frame! The only thing about it that really stands out to me is the set of edge-on spines. The ellipse shape in the middle makes them look a bit blunt to me.

13. Fred PJ

Fred PJ

Great Job on the side frame Vincent, but aren't the side spikes 5 instead of just 3?

14. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    I don't follow what you mean. Five spikes is way too many for one side of his head. If anything he's just miss the bottom middle one.

15. Fred PJ

Fred PJ

Well, I would say that on the original sprite he supposedly has five spikes, those are body spikes, not just head spikes:
    [​IMG]
    It's great as it is though, 100% accurate isn't always necessarily the best. :thumbsup:

16. I think it looks more like four spikes on each side and a tail in the middle?

17. Yes.

Excellent job with the whole image though. It's really stunning!

EDIT: Wait, no, Vincent has the spikes right. Three on each side with the top one being in between them on the top of his head.

18. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    [​IMG]

-ver 2

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

By tomorrow I'll go on with next animation frame

19. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
  20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Aren't those clear spikes supposed to be in the middle, instead of his right side? That's how I've always interpreted it even in those frames, however odd the shading might be. It just looks a bit odd having the left arm overlap that row of spikes.

Besides that, the white stripe in the right shoe (whose shape is facing the wrong way) and the curly tail, it looks great, as it even captures the CG-ish feel.

EDIT: Oops, just noticed that it can't be SuperSonic-ized by changing the blue hue. =(
    [​IMG]
    I suggest you fix this as it might become a problem in the future, when changing the palettes with the engine.