don't click here

Fleetway appreciation / STC:O thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ha, did you plan that or did it just work out that way?

Oh, and just for the hell of it, I took a look at the latest STCOnline. Question, why are Rotor, Antoine, Plank from Ed, Edd, and Eddie, Geoffrey St. John, Ristar, that guy who is maybe Ian Flynn, and Dragonite on Robotnik's wanted list?

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I tend to plan SOMETHING to coincide with every 1000 posts, last few of them it's been Fleetway pieces. Just how the cookie crumbles. =P

3. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Cameos by the artist.

4. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I haven't really kept up with STC O, so I've only just read it, but my god I loved the first Silver / Iblis story.

5. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I'm liking the Unleashed story, though I'm not a fan of the shifting artwork per page. I suppose that's them trying to make the whole process quicker, but it just irks me since I'm so used to it remaining one style throughout.

I do hope Team Mobius do another comic strip soon. I loved their artwork for the Ebony & Ivory plot, another one of those would be awesome, though with more time since the last few pages of said story seemed a tad rushed.

Hmm, so StC-Online has adapted Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Shuffle, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Generations and now we're onto Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and Sonic Unleashed. They're really making up for lost time, though I guess it helps that the plots are being very loosely followed in the same vein as Sonic Adventure was.

Speaking of, does anyone else find this amusing:

[​IMG]
    They used the Chaos Emeralds to warp spacetime...Shadow, you handle this buddy.

There's even a flash of green energy from Paochacamac's hand there and everything.

6. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Team Mobius left the staff one or two years ago. It was getting difficult for them to post art on the internet (I think they live in China or something), it took them months (if not two/three years) to draw their last pages.

Technically, we didn't really adapt Generations. The story was written months before the reveal of the game, January 2011 IIRC and I began to draw it later that month. You can guess our reaction when the first teaser of the game appeared a few months later :P

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Aww, their art was so good. Ah well, can't have everything you want.

Oh good, StC predicted Super Sonic having red eyes, Charmy Bee's personality, the Death Egg II and a brooding rival determined to fathom their mysterious past. It's only fitting that it's successor begin predicting events itself :P

8. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Also, Re : multi artists on Unleashed. there are several reasons. One is that we felt it would be too much for one artist to draw three parts. Also, we've had several cases of artists beginning to work on a story and then disappear completly without finishing it, so we have to cancel/delay stories, and that's reaaaaaaaaaaaally annoying. Or artists starting to work on stories, claiming that "it will be finished in time" and rush it / ask for delays just because they preferred doing livestreams/Tumblr arguments/nothing :P

Unleashed is a big story, so we preferred to ask multiple artists who we knew we could rely on.

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Fathomed such. It's fine, it's really just my OCD kicking in, really. I'll get over it, 'tis a good story. Any idea on a more specific date when the next issue might be released, if this method is working better for the group? I've got Spring 2015, so that's within the next couple of months hopefully.

10. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    We plan to release the next issue in April/May IIRC. Part 2 of Unleashed is almost ready, we're waiting for two or three pages. The final part of "Final Glory" is almost done too.

11. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Nice. I look forward to it, can't wait to see how the Sonic 06 and Unleashed stories intertwine, because I'm sure Silver'll be playing a role in stopping Super Sonic. You did establish he fought Iblis, presumably to a standstill since Silver's still alive, back in Issue 255. A 'less' powerful Super Sonic should be a bit easier to handle.

12. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Oh you'll see Silver vs Super Sonic for sure. I drew those pages back in November :)

13. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Oh sweet joy :D I am definitely looking forward to it. I hope Silver finds the Green Hill wrecking ball and smacks Super Sonic with it, if only for a The Dark Knight Returns - Part 2 reference.

14. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Mmmh oh there is smashing, there's panic, there's a trick...We're hyper impatient to see feedback on it ;)

15. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Is that a subtle hint?

I ask, as when Super Sonic utilises Chaos Control in the current issue, it looks rather hyper-like in its colouring.

16. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Take it as a hint, yes. Or not ? ;)

He's absorbed a great quantity of Chaos Energy, but he's still regular Super Sonic. He does have a plan for... something.
    Another hint : Silver isn't the only one who's going to confront him.

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Also remember that they say there's only 3 remaining Chaos Emeralds in the future. And from the looks of things, Silver's presence has pushed events forward due to alerting the 'bloke' whom hired Death-Trap to his presence and intent and the fight with Sonic allowing Death-Trap to cart him off.

It's not going to surprise me if Super Sonic's going after the Chaos Emeralds in the same way Zachary used his robot on the Master Emerald. So I'm guessing Knuckles will be having another confrontation with Iblis, hopefully this one will turn out better.

Or I could just be a fool whom does too much presuming :L

18. Spunodi

Spunodi

Isn't it the same swirl used when the Little Planet disappears in Sonic CD's ending?

19. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    And it IS a Sonic 06 adaptation, with time travel and such...

20. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"