don't click here

Fearless Year of Shadow Campaign

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Kilo, Apr 9, 2024.

1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I'm not suggesting to change the core design elements (though all the dimps games need to rethink enemy placement at least a bit), I'm saying improve QoL so people can play them without the major hardware limitations that the GBA/DS imposed.

Full 16:9 screen aspect ratios, adjusting the rush games to better support this, tweaking the sprites for GBA slightly, adding some bonus options like unlockable super forms (not really a big deal in the rush games, would be cool in the GBA games)...

I mean, Sonic Advanced Revamped alone as a fan project already shows how much one could improve the QoL of these games with just a simple aspect ratio/resolution fix even if basically nothing else changes:

Unfortunately, there's no way to know if fan projects like these will ever be finished, and SEGA should still at least consider an official product at some point. I don't love these games per-se, but I bet I'd enjoy them a lot more with modernized QoL improvements.

2. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
  3. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I feel like that'd be an easy cashgrab for them. Not that I'd love this or anything, but I could easily see them selling Advance 1-3 as a $30-40 package, and you can pay $5-10 a piece for Battle and Pinball Party as DLC, lol.

Or the games can just be forgotten, lmao

4. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I feel like a rerelease of the Advance games is going to happen eventually (they were extremely popular, each selling over a million copies, the first is one of the GBA's best-selling games, sixth-gen nostalgia's arguably at its peak right now, and they're some of the few Sonic games that manage to appeal to both the classic and modern factions of the fanbase), it's just a matter of when and how.

I could see them putting the Advance games on NSO and making a big deal out of it, but one of the big holdups NSO (and the 3DS/Wii U Virtual Console) has faced is that third parties like Sega (correctly) figure they can make more money putting their back catalog out themselves than licensing it to Nintendo for their services. And both Colors Ultimate and Origins were commercially successful as far as we can tell, so I think Sega is more likely to do an Advance collection themselves than they are to license the games for another company's subscription service.

anyway, Shadow has tight buns

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  5. BenoitRen

BenoitRen

Tech Member
    Actually, Sega (correctly) figured they can do both. Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic 2 are available on NSO, but also sold bundled in Sonic Origins. Which makes sense, because with NSO you need an active subscription (not to mention a subscription to the most expensive tier) to be able to play them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Perhaps they'll do like what they did for the Genesis NSO, where they release only the, say, OG Sonic Advance 2 or 3 ROM on NSO, but have a full compilation of every title released seperately.

7. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada