don't click here

Favorite Sonic soundtrack?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ell678, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    1. Sonic CD EU/JP (Quartz Quadrant Present/Past/Good Future, Metallic Madness Good Future)
    2. S3&K (Chrome Gadget, Endless Mine, Lava Reef, Death Egg)
    3. Sonic Adventure 1 (Hot Shelter, Crazy Robo, E-102's Theme)
    4. Sonic 3D Blast Saturn (Gene Gadget, Panic Puppet, Special Stage)
    5. Sonic 3D Blast Genesis (Final Boss, Panic Puppet, Rusty Ruin)
    6. Sonic Labyrinth (Act 1-1, Act 1-4, Final Boss)
    7. Knuckles Chaotix (Botanic Base, Tutorial, Marina Madness)
    8. Sonic Spinball (Everything sans Final Showdown)
    9. Sonic 2 (Metropolis, Death Egg, all of the 2P tunes)
    10. Sonic Spinball GG (The Machine, Bonus Stage)

2. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Here they are. In seperate sections. Each song per segment is more or less on the same level, with large gaps between segments. (Best, good, okay... ...and so bad it's almost good. Almost.)
    Sonic 2 is pretty much my favourite. Followed by Sonic 1 Then Chaotix, and 3D Blast. Then Sonic R, and Sonic Gems Collection. And Sonic 3.
    After those come the 8-bit games, the Sonic CD US and Japanese soundtracks, and Sonic '06. I haven't heard any of the 3D games soundtracks apart from Sonic 06, though, so yeah. And Sonic and Knuckles. And Sonic Pinball Party.
    And after those... Sonic Spinball, and the Sonic Advance series.
    Then comes Sonic Genesis.

If we could vote for hack soundtracks, I'd put SoniNeko at the top, ???, and then Megamix. And then my hack.
    And then Oergomized.

3. Eddo

Eddo

I've always liked Sonic 1, 2, CD (J), and both Adventures. Unleashed sounds good so far, too. I might get into specific songs later.

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Sonic Heroes's music remains awesome. Ocean Palace, Bingo Highway, Egg Emperor battle and Lost Jungle are all awesome.

5. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
  6. theSTHguy

theSTHguy

Fear the wrath of my ∫! Ha ha ha! Member
    London, England, UK
    The Shadow Odyssey (TSO)
  7. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
  8. sonicteamUSA

sonicteamUSA

usa
    I don't care how many new sonic games come out, Sonic Adventure 2's music will always remain my favorite.
    I bought the multi-dimensional soundtrax
    The quality is just so amazing. So diverse, so unique, so catchy.

9. Rokkan

Rokkan

tl;dr
    But nearly all Sonic soundtracks are really awesome, it's hard to choose a favorite.
    But I have strong feelings for Sonic CD and Knuckles' Chaotix soundtracks.

10. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    S2, SCD(Japanese), S3K, Some of Adventures 1/2, and Unleashed up to this point.

11. DTX

DTX

A fellow w/a name fit for nary a man save himself Member
    1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic & Knuckles Collection version)

2. Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis/Mega Drive)

3. Sonic Adventure

4. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

5. Sonic Spinball

6. Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn/PC)

7. Knuckles Chaotix

8. Sonic CD (US)

9. Sonic CD (EUR/JPN)

10. Sonic Shuffle

(Sorry for putting so many up there, I just like Top 10 lists so much. :P)

12. Agreed. The variety of different music styles really made the game feel like the most expansive in the series up to this point. You had Sonic's standard pop-rock, Tails' and Eggman's mechanical-based music (with differing feels of heroism and destruction appropriately), Rouge's very spy-esque jazz, and Knuckles' rap (although I'm not really a fan, it's fun to have it in there as a genre). The generic music was arguably better than a lot of the character-specific tracks. Also, Live & Learn, which I consider the best Sonic theme ever. I should probably note that I liked SA2's soundtrack enough that I actually imported Multi-dimentional.

SA1's music also reflected its more classic Sonic feel with its music. The hero character themes are all better than their SA2 counterparts. I liked how the different parts of the stages had different music, even if they weren't particularly similar a lot of the time.

13. DTX

DTX

A fellow w/a name fit for nary a man save himself Member
    I like the Sonic Adventure 2 music a lot too, but I think the choice of electric guitars used for the game wasn't the best. (In my humble opinion, the game's music that was Rock [and that's most of it] would have been much better if the guitars they used sounded like the kind Linkin' Park uses, the kind that 30 Seconds To Mars uses, that Evans Blue uses, or that Breaking Benjamin uses.)

Oh, and the lyrics of 100-P's raps got really weird at parts.

14. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    [​IMG]

The 8-bit soundtracks will always be most memorable to me, in the same way that it's much easier to remember the original Super Mario Bros music than any of the recent Mario game soundtracks.

The correllation between Green Hills Zone and Mecha Green Hill Zone was a stroke of genius.

15. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Pre-Adventure has to be S3K.

Adventure onwards has to be Sonic 06.

16. Cap

Cap

Sonic 06 certainly had some amazing music in it. His World was good enough, but then you have levels like Kingdom Valley which had some amazing backdrop music.

Although, the music that takes it for me, is Sonic & the Secret Rings. I actually have smaller album of music ripped from the game, and it's honestly one of my favourite things to listen to. Certainly music, like the eazor djinn battle, has that mix of epic backdrop music, but at the same time, it sounds like a proper rock song. Recommend.

But I'm sure no will argue green hill zone is simply the best sonic tune, simply because listening to it, all the tear jerking memories come flooding back. lol

17. Nova

Nova

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, for sure.
    You've got so many classic tracks on there, it's very hard to dispute it. Sonic 1 comes close, though.

18. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    It's hard for me to pick just 1, becasue all of them are amazing. I guess I'll have to pick Sonic 06, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Riders: ZG. The only 2 Sonic games that I don't like the music to are Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Eraser.

19. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    My favorite... I tend to like alot of the games' soundtracks. I'll just list my favorites.

• Sonic The Hedgehog 1-3 & Sonic & Knuckles
    • Sonic The Hedgehog CD
    • Knuckles Chaotix
    • Sonic 3D Blast (both versions)
    • Sonic R
    • Sonic Adventure 1-2

20. AeroSoul

AeroSoul

S3&K is one of my favorites; however, I prefer the minor boss music of S3 over S&K.

I think the game that beats that is Knuckles Chaotix. I think there isn't one song off that game I didn't like...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.