don't click here

Chao Garden for Windows...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by hunterex2000, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunterex2000

hunterex2000

Searching for the answers... Often running into br Member
    East of England
    Trying to stop smoking... Sweet, sweet nicotine.
    OK, now don't flame me if I'm talking crap, but did Sonic Team ever produce a version of the Chao Garden for the PC? I swear to God that I went to their web-site once and you could download something like that.

If somebody could tell me if I'm wrong (or right) it'd be a fantastic help. Also, could someone let me know where to download it? 'Cos I really wanna see what it was like.

Cheers.

2. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    The only thing I remember similar to this was the hack of the Chao Garden. There is a rom for it on Soniccology I think.

3. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
  4. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    Never trust Babelfish, it's "Nakayoshi Chao" and means "Best Friend Chao".

5. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    CHAOS ARE CRAP. I spent like 5 hours on those stupid things for the 10 emblems in SA2...

What a freaking waste of time.

6. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    It's Chao, singular and plural ;)

7. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    Thanks for your oppinionated input, Lostgame.

8. hunterex2000

hunterex2000

East of England
    So is this for Windows PC? 'Cos it seems to be for a mobile 'phone of some discription.

And if it is for the PC, where can I download it exactly? I can't find a link on the web site you provided, voice.

Cheers.

9. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    It's only opinionated because, like most nextgen stuff, I thought I'd give it a try. I just really hated it. I guess it's just, I'm a little ticked because I hate this nextgen stuff so much and it's the only thing people want to talk about on this forum. I prefer the pathetic theories that people used to come up with before the forum "shut down." At least then there was something to prove, and it was always about the classics. Now people seem to only be interested in hacking SA:DX, or talking about the crap that will be this new shadow game. Sega's ruining themselves with this crap, and I should be allowed to be opinionated when that happens.

10. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    Edit/
    I am a retard, but I meant what I said before in that the first generations were Sonic 1,2,3. I wasn't considering the other ones because I wasn't thinking.

11. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Would you call me opinionated if I said your mind couldn't come up with any more original ideas, that all your oldschool 2d thoughts were good, and that you are a stupid cunt who doubles as a (inflatable) sheep?

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I actually liked the Chao quite a lot. I wish Sonic Team would bring them back.

13. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    Agree'd, they're cute. ^_^

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Are you two blind? What the fuck do you think I have been doing for the past 3 months? HACKING THE OLD GAMES. It's going to be a while before hacking the old games goes out of style, and contrary to what you may believe, there is still a shitload of things to figure out in these games. The music is figured out, but it seems Crackers is the new territory we have yet to fully cover. Plus, there is Chaotix, and Spinball, and even Eraser...

Think before you speak dude. Things are still going strong.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The game in that site isn't for the PC, but for mobile phones. =\

And speaking of phone thingies... Rika, do you own that amazing card in your sig (and my avatar)? If so, could you please scan the back? I'm very curious to see what was in the other side of it.

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    No, but I believe it's currently on a certain Japanese auction site. That is, if you want to buy it.

Edit: http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http:/...uction/r9800210

Edit 2: Actually, that seller doesn't ship outside Japan. =/

17. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    Really, the card is a bit off. The earlier company to eventually become Sega was... well, here's a brief timeline:

1940: Standard Games was founded in Honolulu, Hawaii by Martin Bromely, Irving Bromberg, and James Humpert to provide coin-operated amusements for American servicemen on military bases.
    1951: Bromely suggested that the company be move to Tokyo, Japan.
    1952 May: "Service Games of Japan" was registered, what used to be Standard Games.
    1954: Another American businessman David Rosen fell in love with Tokyo and established his own company, Rosen Enterprises, Inc., in Japan to export art. When the company imported coin-operated instant photo booths, it stumbled on a surprise hit: The booths were very popular in Japan. Business was booming, and Rosen Enterprises expanded by importing coin-operated electro-mechanical games.
    1965: Rosen Enterprises and Service Games merged to become Sega Enterprises. Within a year, the new company released a submarine-simulator game called "Periscope" that became a smash-hit worldwide.

And that is the basic very early history of Sega (which although 65 years old, isn't quite as old as Nintendo, which was founded in 1889).

18. hunterex2000

hunterex2000

East of England
    Erm...

Righto...

So anyway. Was a Chao Garden ever released for the PC? Anybody? :o

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think there was a small flash fangame at Sonic CulT that simulated a basic chao garden, but I believe that's it...

20. hunterex2000

hunterex2000

East of England
    ;) Oh. Oh well, at least it was a nice try...

Thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.