don't click here

Brad Buxer and the S3 Mid Boss Theme

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LOst, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Already figured it out. Check out page 9 and 10.

Also, Dissident, has Miyoko Takaoka replied to you yet?

2. I didn't want to bother her, but you or somebody with a good grasp of Japanese could try (I had a friend ask for me last time). I just would avoid asking too much since they just only leads them to ignore you and everybody else from the Sonic fanbase.

3. Oh. Well, I don't think you can count on me. Whenever there's Japanese involved, I just use Google Translate (I'm currently trying to translate all the dialogues from the Japanese Sonic Adventure and I can't do it without using that).

4. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    The answer to your question is YES. This is one of the few definitive pieces of musical knowledge out there. Jun does this a lot! See Twinkle Park and White Park Act 2 in Sonic 4: Ep II for reference. The camoes his own music in other compositions.

5. Well, there's no doubt about it. Jun is one sentimental guy who hates seeing his work go to waste, so he reuses it whenever he's given an opportunity, which, I guess, can only work in favor of the fanbase, am I right?

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The fanbase wants new songs in new levels.

7. I don't know, I rather like the Twinkle Park call back in Episode 4. It brought a smile to my face unlike anything that Sonic 4 had done for me.

8. Felik

Felik

... because it's just a call back in a new song rather than just a reused song?

9. What's the difference? Anyway, maybe instead of the term "reuse" I should've probably say "salvage". Seems more accurate to what he does with his work. Like I said earlier, Jun hates seeing his work go to waste, so when it comes to him, you may expect something you've heard in a previous game.

10. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I've never played Sonic 4, but I do know that Twinkle Park's theme is a remix of the intro theme from 3D Blast, so it wasn't even new in Adventure, let alone any kind of alleged appearance in S4. From what I've heard, S4 also uses unused 3D Blast music.

11. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    It's the Pleasure Castle section that gets reused in 4. The cart area is the one from 3D Blast.

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >The fans want new music

Yet fans love The Air. :colbert:

13. I'm not sure how to answer this. You put the ... as a sign of confusion I guess. It's just an opinion. It was delightful to me, I don't know.

14. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    It's not like there's a saturation of reused songs and none of the music in Sonic 4 is good so remixes are welcome.

15. Okay, so I'd just like to point out that we're actually very close to sorting out all the songs to their respectful composers. According to my list from page 10, all that's left is Hydrocity, Mushroom Hill, Lava Reef, S&K Act 1 Boss, Data Select, Azure Lake, Chrome Gadget and Desert Palace. Since dissident is hesitant to ask Takaoka again about the songs, I'd like to ask if anyone who knows a little bit of Japanese can ask her for him.

btw, I'm still convinced that Sawada did Data Select, S&K Act 1 Boss and Lava Reef, while Ogawa did Mushroom Hill, but if someone can ask them if they did any of those, I'll be grateful.

16. Takaoka would only know the songs she contributed, and maybe the stuff the other CUBE composer(s) did (Hikichi most likely, but he isn't 100% confirmed to have worked on the game)

As for the SEGA guys, they're not allowed to talk about it anymore, and I don't even think Sawada, Ogata, and Maeda have social media profiles anyway.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I wonder if Ruby ever found out anything regarding this. Could he perhaps enlighten us? :ruby:

18. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I think the whole thing is probably so hush hush that most SEGA staff that weren't there at the time don't know much if anything more than we do, probably less. Also, aside from wanting to keep goodwill with his past employer getting in the way, some NDAs last beyond your term of employment and some can never expire.

I'd love for us to finally get the truth though. Anyone fancy seducing Naka-San? I'll pay for the champagne!

19. Retroman

Retroman

I nominate ScarredSun as host :P

20. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Where's s0nicfreak when you need her?