don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Fall 2013.

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Fall is good, this game tipped the balance for a my "5 game requirement for a console", I'll probably get a Wii-U for Christmas now.

What I'm trying to figure out though, is if this is a different world, then why are there "Mobius" (sonic world) super retro animals on it, and Badniks too? Is this new world maybe like a zoned area of Sonic's world, or more likely, Yet again Eggman has just invaded it, and the deadly 6 are probably not actually that bad, They have just been lied too by Eggman, ala Knuckles =P

Am I thinking too much about this? lol

3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

It's a new world in the same way the Little Planet is, but it's filled with little animals still, and int he same way other dimensions (like Flickies Island) are also filled with the little birds.

Just a Sonic thing really :v:

4. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Box Art time (yeah, this early).

[​IMG]

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Hi Nintendo Network logo. Probably for leaderboards or maybe some sort of Miiverse thing.

SEGA blog post:
    http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/29/rise-against-the-deadly-six-in-sonic-lost-world/

Trailer without IGN logo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1q9q48Hgdw

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm hoping that since we're seeing the box art this early, that we'll be getting the game earlier in Fall as opposed to November.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    A 3DS screen IGN forgot to upload earlier:
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Oh, I only just now noticed this part in the blog post:
    So yeah, seems like the Nintendo Network logo is for online multiplayer.

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Given the time of release and the way this game is shaping to be, this is going to work out perfectly as an instant buy. In fact, I think I may well preorder it now, seeing as there's enough to make a decent judgement.

Sonic's going back to his old ways, and though it's silly to see Eggman teaming up with Sonic AGAIN (Oh my god, this is the at least the 7th time he's lost control of his creations/schemes/teamed up; Chaos, The Ark, Metal Sonic, Black Doom, Emerl, Gemerl and now the Deadly Six) it could be interesting to see some twists and turns, and at least he's still trying to be pretty bad.

I imagine he'll be turning up as the end boss to trick everyone again and cause some sort of hassle.

9. MastaSys

MastaSys

The difference is that he's doing it since the begining (I presume, I mean why reveal that now?)
    So it's preety sure that's the twist this time, I mean weren't the Six called "Guardians" somewhere? Guardians of a floating land.... no so subtle...

10. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Holy shizz, a 3D 3DS game?

Seems like I'll be getting both versions!

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Press release with some more details:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59989265&postcount=2382

12. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Why wouldn't we have? It's above :v: We're just soaking up the information first, there's a lot of people reading and itching to type at the moment.

Everyone chill out!

13. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Teaming up with Eggman? Yeaaaaah that'll last long.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    3DS box-art:
    [​IMG]

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I've got this awful feeling that this game is rushed.

16. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Damn, I got it backwards. They overthrow Eggman at the start, not at the end. Still, a powerful enemy that Eggman attempts to use only to lose control... I'd been hoping we were done with that after Colors and Generations, but I guess not.

17. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    Okay, sold. Hopefully they mean "end level bosses". I'm guessing six stages, one for each member of the Deadly Six. Here's hoping they're not just three hits and dead.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    For those who want the trailer without Youtube compression: https://mega.co.nz/#!489yST4Q!YRDQghjJ0sEuhA0X-OrfuR3uMqUcXJGlV28OronglMo

19. Machenstein

Machenstein

On the bright side, at least Eggman will get his revenge this time. There might even be a joke in there about how he keeps getting betrayed.

20. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    It does feel like less time was put into it compared to Generations and Unleashed in terms of graphical fidelity. Still, the game was probably in the pre-production stage around E3 2011, so a solid 2.5 years of development time isn't bad.