Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic X-treme Textures and Defs - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic X-treme Textures and Defs General Discussion & Hacking

#1 User is offline Scarred Sun 

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

• Crushed by a single sunbeam
  • Project:Conquering the games industry
  • Wiki edits:36,091
With all this "leaking" activity, I figured I'd get into the spirit of the forum. emot-ssh.gif So, here's a little package for you:

http://ss.sonicretro.org/PackageX.rar

Included are various Sonic X-treme textures, definitions, and a nice viewer written by SANiK—fisheye perspective and all. There's also some images scattered about.

Enjoy!

#2 User is offline Skaarg 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:00 AM

• Wiki edits:4
Wait is this stuff chris said he did not want shown to everyone in the community, or was it obtained elsewhere? Unfortunately I'm not home to look at this stuff but I intend to take a look when I get home!
This post has been edited by Skaarg: 06 December 2009 - 02:22 AM

#3 User is offline PicklePower 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

• Wiki edits:2,809
Holy cow. Does this mean we have most of what was ever made of Sonic X-treme now?

#4 User is offline Afti 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:13 AM

• ORIGINAL MACHINE
  • Wiki edits:336
Holy fuck it's not a rickroll.

So, if we have the level layouts and videos the physics could be reproduced to some extent from...

#5 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:26 AM

• Wiki edits:18

Awesome stuff. smile.png

EDIT: The files DR_OIN01.PCX to DR_OIN12.PCX seem to be the electric shield from Sonic 3, unaltered. Just for the record.

EDIT 2: I'm so surprised this isn't getting more replies... Guys? This is Sonic X-Treme!
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 06 December 2009 - 12:17 PM

#6 User is offline Afti 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:16 PM

• ORIGINAL MACHINE
  • Wiki edits:336
Exactly! We have basically everything that was finished...

People, it's not a fucking rickroll. This is Sonic X-Treme.

#7 User is offline Azukara 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

• Don't let's start!
  • Project:Sonic World Runner
  • Wiki edits:27
Wow, and it just so happened to favorite a video of Xtreme on Youtube a good couple of hours ago. 0_o

Still though, this is awesome. Can't wait to download this and see what this is all like.

#8 User is offline Skeledroid 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:34 PM

• Project:Platformer Engine
  • Wiki edits:1
someone hurry up and make a damn recreation with these.

#9 User is offline Mad Echidna 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:36 PM

• Gone
QUOTE (Scarred Sun @ Dec 5 2009, 08:41 PM)
With all this "leaking" activity, I figured I'd get into the spirit of the forum. emot-ssh.gif So, here's a little package for you:

Included are various Sonic X-treme textures, definitions, and a nice viewer written by SANiK—fisheye perspective and all. There's also some images scattered about.

Enjoy!

Wait wait wait, I'm looking at the modified dates on the files in this archive. You guys have had this for THREE YEARS and didn't share it with the "community"?

#10 User is offline Spanner 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

• Mako Retro
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest, Other Stuff
  • Wiki edits:2,193
Oh wow.
This is amazing. Thanks for leaking, SS. smile.png

#11 User is offline Skaarg 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Mad Echidna @ Dec 6 2009, 12:36 PM)

Enjoy!

Wait wait wait, I'm looking at the modified dates on the files in this archive. You guys have had this for THREE YEARS and didn't share it with the "community"?

Well I know there was some stuff people had, but couldn't be released out of respect of Chris Senn's wishes. So either it's been decided to say meh to his wishes, Chris has allowed the release, or it's something completely different from what Chris had.

After looking through some of it though it's very interesting stuff, and it'd be interesting what people might do with this new data. So thanks a lot Scarred Sun and any others if there were any others involved.

#12 User is offline Mad Echidna 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

• Gone
I've been playing around with this for a while now and I'm having a hell of a time finding any def files that load anything interesting. Are most of them garbage or am I doing it wrong?

EDIT: What the shit? It might be time for me to climb back on my "Xtreme probably would have sucked" soap box <_<

This post has been edited by Mad Echidna: 06 December 2009 - 02:23 PM

#13 User is offline Donnyku 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

• yay
  • Project:Pony Sprites
  • Wiki edits:2
damn this is amazing this looks like it really is all of Xtreme without the game

#14 User is offline Spexfox 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

• 便秘になった
  • Wiki edits:49
Hopefully those were placeholder images for what would've been a redesigned "helper" character. God that thing doesn't fit in.

#15 User is offline Kiroziki 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Mad Echidna @ Dec 6 2009, 06:36 PM)

Enjoy!

Wow, it has taken someone this long to finally release these files, ok time for a kinda history lesson/theory because I can't remember what the story was behind these files. I think the reason these files were modified three years ago was because when Chris was making the SXC (Sonic X-treme Compendium) I think he was going to release this files along side the other images of the levels he released as well, but guess what Ofer Alon stepped in once more.

But again. thank you for this release.

• 30 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users