Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SPOILER Sonic Forces Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 411 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

SPOILER Sonic Forces Thread

#6151 User is offline dot.kh 

Posted Today, 02:10 PM

• Puzzle, Combat, Puzzle, Puzzle, Kart section
First party-Sega games and third party-Sega games are different from each other. Was Sonic successful because of this cool new Sega console coming out? Or was it the console because it ran a demo of the next big Sonic game? Either way. Forces is not a mediocre game. In fact it's very extravagant. Think about it.

#6152 User is offline Shaddy the guy 

Posted Today, 02:16 PM

• Zaphod's just some guy, you know?
  • Project:Completely remaking my fanedit because I messed up
...I don't understand why those things are mutually exclusive, nor how exactly the preceding statement is relevant to it.

#6153 User is offline dot.kh 

Posted Today, 03:18 PM

• Puzzle, Combat, Puzzle, Puzzle, Kart section
I was thinking about why Forces got bad reviews and why Sega would release a game that seemingly nobody likes. Maybe their core audience changed over the past few years and Forces accomplished exactly what they were after?

#6154 User is offline Shaddy the guy 

Posted Today, 04:33 PM

• Zaphod's just some guy, you know?
  • Project:Completely remaking my fanedit because I messed up
Forces isn't any different in target than most modern Sonic games. It just didn't hit the mark as well as Unleashed or Colors (and to a lesser extent Generations and Lost World) did for most of them, which is why it's been getting these "meh" scores. There isn't any complicated explanation for that, hell I and many others like the game but nobody should be afraid to admit to that.

In fact, most of the issues people have are true, I just think the game isn't hampered down so much by it that it isn't still an enjoyable experience, at least when compared to the last 4 main series titles, two of which are about on par with it in terms of what I liked the first time around (though I learned to like Lost World a lot more on repeat playthroughs).

#6155 User is offline MiSHiKiS 

Posted Today, 04:42 PM

So are we saying that automated, linear level design, extremely off controls, a worse Classic Sonic than from Generations and Reused assets from Lost World isn't mediocrity but "just not catering to the right audience" now?

Most reviews were lambasting the game itself on its own merit and in comparison to it's past games.

• 411 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

6 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Oldbie: 360