don't click here

Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JaxTH, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    A certain website nobody here is very fond of says the hiatus is more than likely starting this week, with no other sites listing a new episode.

2. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Oh, so it wasn't just my DVR not recording an episode this morning? Didn't record last week's, and it just got off a stint of not recording Kill la Kill or DBZ, I just assumed nothing was working.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Worth noting at this point that 26 of the confirmed 52 episodes have aired, so we ARE at the half way mark.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I wonder if they're not done producing the second half of the season yet.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Going by production numbers episode 37 was the last to air, so I highly doubt it. CN loves to do this for some reason as far back as Teen Titans with mid-season breaks. They still do it now with stuff like Adventure Time and Regular Show though I'm not sure why. Something like Adventure Time will show it's Season Finale and then it's next season starts the next week or even the same day depending on what they want to do.

Basically, this is an artificial break.

6. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    In terms of mid season breaks, Disney seems to do this too, with Gravity Falls not having its next episode until a bit into summer. It has SO much hype for the rest of the season to be fair, but still. Atm I can't think of any other examples but I'm sure they exist on Disney's networks.

Must be a TV network sort of thing where they tease kids into waiting for school to finish.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So, Spazz you know anybody in the UK you can hook up with and get the new episodes?

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So new episodes are still airing in France, and someone is putting them up with English subtitles on Youtube. Not gonna watch much of them, but this is probably the best joke on the show so far.

+ - So I guess this means that all of Sonic Boom takes place inside the imagination of some guy who cosplays as Sonic all day.  

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I took drugs once, big mistake, things just got way too real.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So after this week, each weekday a new Sonic Boom episode will air at noon for two weeks in the US.

RIP Spazz.

11. I just noticed. The episodes will be airing on weekdays for the next two weeks (that's 10 episodes) but after that it's back to Saturday mornings starting with August 1st (according to Wikipedia). If from that point on the new episodes will premiere on every Saturday morning (and there's 16 of them left), then all 52 episodes should air by October 31st. And if the second season is still happening, it's very possible it will premiere in November, just like the first one did.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Holy shit, my sides were not prepared for that.

13. Official confirmation of new Boom episodes airing, starting July 13th.

14. RubyEclipse

RubyEclipse

Works at Squar Inix Member
    Episodes should air at 11AM Central / 12 Eastern (and 9 AM Pacific) for the premieres next week. :)

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I've seen some of the French-dubbed episodes. The jokes are pretty potent, moreso than the English one. Worth checking out if you don't mind the subs.

16. I haven't watched much of it but it seems to be a pretty decent show. That being said, the channel which is "supposed" to air the show here is not airing it so I have been watching the show on YouTube with the English subs.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So apparently my DVR thinks today's and tomorrow's episodes are not new. Just a heads up to anyone who DVRs the show and isn't paying attention.

18. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    You know, for as low of standards as this show has, it at least hits the low marks it set for itself. It's very self-aware of what it wants to do and I think that's nice. The little things like Amy referring to their town as "this unnamed village" make me very happy.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I enjoy the self awareness that the series has taken in general lately. It's not a franchise that should be taken seriously, especially after all the crap it's pulled, so it's better for it to take a step back and embrace some of the stupid it's generated for laughs.

And just 10 years ago we were seeing stuff so edgy I almost cut myself by accident. As much as this series still makes me want to punch something, at least we're past the days of super serious grim dark (Oh biolizard, I'll never forget that boil popping, space dildo adventure you had in SA2)

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I gather it's only 10 new episodes getting aired. Apparently, three of the four aired today are old.