don't click here

The Sonic 3, 20th Anniversary & Knuckles Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Taxman, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    I used to moderate r/SonicTheHedgehog before I decided to quit using reddit, and I'm pretty sure nobody had a problem with your videos. Have you ever informed the mods via PM?

2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Yeah, like I said, it may be some kind of automod issue. I messaged them when I noticed it wasn't showing up, and it was unhidden within a few hours: http://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/2ycxl2/sega_rejects_proposal_for_sonic_3_remastered/

I had to do the same thing with some of my retrospectives. When I was first starting out on YouTube, I used to post some of my Hacking Contest playthroughs there, and if they considered LP-style videos to be low-effort, my channel could have been flagged in some way. It's really no big deal.

3. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA

Freelance Digital Artist Member
    Portugal
    Probably something minimalistic
    [​IMG]
    I went for 200% even though the sprite size doesnt match
    porting convinience as I plan in putting this in a hack :ssh:

That bothered me a bit aswell, but I assumed it was for those tiny edits like transparency where it previously was dithered.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Did Sonic 1, 2, or CD remastered break 100,000 sales?

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Does that make the loops have their "standard" size? That may be the most practical way to resize them.

Ah, you're right. I had forgotten about that!

6. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA

Freelance Digital Artist Member
    Portugal
    Probably something minimalistic
    If by "standard" size you mean the usual size of loops from Sonic 3, then no it doesn't, they seem to be around 150% bigger compared to the original 2P loop so I'm probably making it too big

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I feel like CD is the best judge for that mark, since many of Sonic 1 and 2's "sales" were updates. And rightfully so IMO, but I'd of happily paid for more versions of them (I think I did on Google Play for Bluestacks)

8. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I know this is still a few months off, but assuming we haven't heard something from SEGA by the summer, I'll be pushing the campaign hard when I do my Adventure-era retrospectives. I'll put a link in the endcards, remind people every week or so on social media, promote it during the big Sonic stream, that kind of thing.

Also, most of the IGN comments were just sad, but this one kind of made me laugh:

[​IMG]

Sonic Classics Collection: The pinnacle of remastered retro games.

9. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Knuckles in all 4 games, eh? I can understand not knowing this version is (rather poorly) emulated, but this particular claim can be verified incorrect with the most minimal research. Let's file that one under "wrong shit IGN users say".

10. Turbohog

Turbohog

My favorite part is his name: "Awsomeman". Anyway, great job on the video Josh. If we're persistent and stay professional, this might have a shot.

11. Awesome job on the video Josh. Hopefully some of the bigger Sonic Youtubers can take up the initiative to make a video about this soon.

12. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    All good steps I see being taken here. You people are part of the reason I haven't yet walked out of this fandom entirely given recent releases in the franchise.

(Let's hope the 25th anniversary or late 2015 title gives me another reason to stay)

Numbers are still moving a bit slow for the larger goal, but I feel the new video really, really helps clarify what and why and makes signing the petition a no-brainer for anyone who actually enjoyed classic Sonic (which is still a lot of people).

Hopefully it can be seen by another round of press soon to help give us another nudge eventually.

Also, I wouldn't toss out that japanese video just yet either, as it is still vital to ensuring visibility to Sega's Networking branch, which IS in fact JP ran.

13. MartiusR

MartiusR

Hello everybody, I was waiting a bit to have something to update the status, but finally, here it is:

1.Gamezilla.pl - Success! Today they've published the news about initiative, here it is:
    http://gamezilla.komputerswiat.pl/newsy/2015/10/chcemy-zremasterowanego-sonic-knuckles-na-komorki
    (the article is in polish language, but if anyone is interested, feel free to ask, I can translate it)

2.Polygamia.pl - here the situation is a bit different. While there won't be separate news about initiative, it will be mentioned in their weekly review, which will be published at the end of the week. Of course I'll link to it as soon as it will be "online".

3.CD Action - I had the reply, that their team will look at it today and give me response, so stay tuned!

4.Arhn.eu - there is a really big surprise for me - I was expecting, that in this case they'll answer first, but I don't have any reply from them, despite sending "reminding" e-mail. I'll try again tomorrow.

14. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    My promotional video for the S3&K awareness race just went up. I wrote a TSSZ article on the race as well so some more promotion for the Sonic 3 remastered site has been given. Looking forward to doing even more to help spread the word of the campaign!

http://youtu.be/Sg2oKolmjRE

15. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Oh hey, you ARE that Donnie. Nice job on the Spinball/Bean-Machine LP's with Brainscratch.

Also good job to everyone for raising awareness, this has gone far better than I initially expected it to.

16. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    Hi! Thank you for the nice words! =)

I'm proud of how well everyone has been able to spread the word on this. The job is far from done but that's not to say that what has been accomplished so far hasn't been impressive.

17. You did a good job too, Donnie. Definitely looking forward to Sunday.

18. Matt got a video up!

19. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Hey, if there's a spot open, I'd definitely like to get in on that race.

Also, a note for other YouTubers -- if you'd like to promote the campaign, I'd be perfectly okay with you using my video to do so. You could host it on your channel as-is, or even send me a voice recording of you reading my script, and I'll edit it into the video. Heck, if there's enough interest, I'll just make a version with no commentary whatsoever, which you can then record over.

Since my video launched, we've gained almost 400 signatures. I'm not saying that's exclusively due to me, but it is about 10% of my subscriber base. If much larger YouTube channels follow the same pattern, it stands to reason that we could be garnering thousands of new signatures. Point is, I think getting the word out via YouTube is the way to go right now.

20. Hey guys, I uploaded a video regarding S3&K for mobile devices. I would've posted the video here days earlier but I was a pending member at the time soo...
    Anyways here it is:

http://youtu.be/FoSHSZYr_p0