don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    That wall death animation is pretty cool, haha. I'm almost tempted to kill Sonic in every way possible to see if there are more stuff like that.

I'm worried with his controls as you use the "super peel out mode", they seem a bit too slipery, like that golden bell section.

From the three levels, the candy based one was, for me, the least interesting. Its all made of is straight lines (curved, but since there is no "gravity" they're pretty much straight) with a few stuff to jump up. I hope that's not the direction they're heading with the 2D stages.

For the mach speed sections, I don't care much for them. I don't like the fact they're developed in a STH'06 fashion where you don't have much choices to where to go, and whatever little mistake, you're dead. But to be fair, at least this honeycombs one doesn't seem hard, just uninteresting and unimaginative. But let's see what the future holds.

My biggest interest in this game are the exploration zones which - cutting a slack from Windy Hill since its probably the first zone -, seem to be the most interesting part of the game, and where most of the attention has been devoted too.

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    The 2D desert/dessert/whatever-they-want-to-call-it stage looks so unbelievably bland and boring.

3. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    [LINK]

The 3DS version has online multiplayer, but the Wii U version does not. wtf?

4. I think I see the logic here.

The Wii U has a potential 5 playable spots on one system (4 Wiimotes and 1 Gamepad). 3DS has one playable spot per system, thus in theory online would be better suited for multiplayer on that system.

Sure, you could have your friends bring 4 3DS's to the same spot, but that's a little cumbersome, isn't it?

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    What if I don't have 4 friends to play on my Wii U?

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Damn it Sega, stop restricting the online multiplayer to the inferior handheld versions.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's not quite as bad as some of the Colours mini acts, but yeah it's not good. If they're going to insist on making 2D stages they should look to Generations classic instead. Ideally though there'd not be any 2D stages. If that makes for a shorter game then I'd be able to deal with that, even if the length of Sonic games these days is getting in my nerves. Quality > quantity.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The last long Sonic game was Unleashed. Basically every game since then can be completed in one sitting, however with Generations I would have preferred another real stage per era (Sonic 3, Shadow, Secret Rings) and no mini stages what so ever.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    New screenshot:
    [​IMG]

10. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Fuck you TimmiT I was gonna post that ;-; oh well

This was the Facebook post.

I assume we'll be getting more news in the coming week? Maybe some looks at other acts of Windy Hill? And maybe we'll have confirmation if our theories of the stage structure are true, I.e. STAGE - ZONE - ACT

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This new screenshot does make me wonder about that. This new screenshot obviously isn't from the Windy Hill act/zone already shown at E3, but it also doesn't look as different as Desert Ruins zones 2 and 3 are from eachother.

12. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I'm beginning to think Desert Ruin might be a placeholder name or something.

13. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    I think I got what the "Zone" thing means and why we have honeycombs and candies in a place named "Desert Zone".

Just think it as a "state/region". Imagine, for example, California. California has a lot of cities (which are the acts in this methaphore) and not all of them are the same, we have mountain/forest areas, beaches, deserts, etc.

So the Desert Zone is nothing more than a region and in this region we have different acts which can have more than one theme. Altought it's misleading and confuse it is also a great idea because that way we can have lots of different themes per zone without having the need to add a ton of zones which would mean needing to create new bosses, for example, because without a boss, a zone feels incomplete. So Deadly Six would be a way bigger number.

14. woun

woun

Change your world Member
    Gamplay Desert Ruins Act 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5mRwgYqqjA

15. ChaosRinger

ChaosRinger

Sonic The Hedgehog and The Holy Rings
    I've got to say, the game looks amazing.

I'm hoping there's some original badniks in here as well, though, and the honeycomb Desert stage, while original, is a little too heavy with falling and rings, which players of this game so far seem to get a lot of and never really lose for whatever reason...

16. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Dem harmonized lines. I LOVE it. I absolutely admire this style of music Lost World has. I watched it two more times just to listen to the music, and those won't be the last.

...And those're the best comments I can give the level. It's fairly straightforward, but Sonic is running down a tree, of course. I'd be fine with the three types of levels they've shown off so far: open 3D levels, run to win 3D levels, and 2D levels. As long as each Act stays that way throughout, I think the game will be more enjoyable.
    The graphics sure are purdy and what I'd expect from the Wii U, but I'd like to see more stuff go on, especially in the background. Come on Sonic Team, give us some fancy particle effects or at least SOMETHING flying around the other trees, not just five feet in front us when we're falling down. At least everything is very clean-looking.
    I noticed there was no sound effect for the third green ring around 0:59, but I'm not worried about that; it's as simple as throwing the original jingle into Audacity and raising the pitch a little bit. There's also no sound for picking up the ten-rings or getting hit. Again, not worried about it.
    Overall, I can't wait for Super Sonic Galaxy to come out.

...Okay, I'm not done gushing over the music :specialed:
    0:37 THOSE TRUMPETS! WAVE MASTER FOR LIFE Y'ALL
    I'm down with the almost-TF2 style to the whole thing, especially at 1:23 in the video.
    I like the flute solos dotted throughout the song. The instrument adds a nature-y feeling to the song, which is important to this level, running down a tree with honeycombs and budding flowers on it.
    There's a "wah-wah" guitar coming from the right side that most people will probably never notice. It kicks in during the intro.
    Actually, replying to what I just said above, it seems that the more melodic parts are on the left side, and the not-so-melodic guitars and harmonizing lines are on the right. During (at least the first) flute solos, there's an acoustic strumming on beats 1 and 3 while the flute's tootin' away.
    0:11 SA1 options menu, anyone?
    That organ at 0:28 is a really nice way to help transition to the chorus of the song.

Everything fits into each other really nicely. If this just one level, I can't wait to hear the full soundtrack.

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
  18. haha yup. it's the only thing sega consistently gets right, and I'm more excited for the soundtrack than the game itself. :P

19. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    So, I just discovered you can preorder the game on Amazon, along with a lot of other recently announced upcoming Wii U and 3DS games. The surprising thing is the Wii U version is $50, $10 less than a normal Wii U game.

20. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Not every Wii U game is $60. It ranges from $40-60. A quick look on Amazon would have told you that, dude.