don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  2. ...Why would they be DLC for consoles when they're characters that are only on PC? (Yes, I know TF2 has been on Ps3/360, but they've been basically forgotten and never updated).

3. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Liking the huge football spinning animation for the Football managers transformation, that wasn't there in the model found within the 360 version, was it?

4. Jason

Jason

Gagaman's right. The data is on the 360 disc, and its safe to assume it's also on the PS3. This useable information because IIRC Miis aren't on the 360 disc, so having that specific data means they must have left it on the disc for a reason.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Or they just left it on there because developers leave shit in game data all the time. See tcrf.net.

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Sometimes pulling out data like that can cause instability. It's easier to just leave it in partially finished and locked away.

7. Jason

Jason

But the carts were complete, weren't they?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFAJ-G1h2UE
    The models and voicework seem pretty finished already. To include something complete without having access to it, and never giving access, seems asinine. But then again, this is a Sega product.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sumo Digital isn't part of Sega actually. :v:

Also, like I said, developers leave stuff like that in the games all the time. Capcom left PS3 exclusive characters for Street Fighter X Tekken in the Xbox 360 version of the game, didn't mean that they were going to be playable.

9. Honestly, I am kinda disappointed that Valve hasn't made any Sonic- or Sega-Themed TF2 hats as a preorder-bonus. I want a Dr. Eggman 'Stache for the Engineer SO badly.
    And a Sonic hat as well as Power Sneakers for the Scout would have been nice, too.

But oh well, 10% off for preorder is good enough for me to still get it.

10. Sporks

Sporks

Actually, they haven't said that they aren't making promos for TF2, so we might see something. SEGA knows there's a demand for it. Actually asked S0L about it in his question and answer thread on the SEGA forums, and he said that if that happens, Sumo isn't one who'll decide, and it's entirely up to SEGA. Hoping for pretty much the same stuff you're hoping for. :v:

11. Dashtube

Dashtube

'Cause I find memes funny Member
    Sonic Exodus
    Alright a lil' out of topic.. Well maybe not considering that TF2 are now a part of SART but whateves.
    Have anyone heard of the steam guides thing? Now I don't know if it was pointed out before but apparently there's a Sega Genesis Controller cameo there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Edited version

And for reference:
    [​IMG]

And yes, one more button would've helped back then.

12. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    So, here's a little experiment for you when you get bored. Load up Adder's Lair in Single Race (Regular or Mirror, doesn't matter), and mute the music volume, instead playing Dragonforce while you're racing. I just tried it with Through the Fire and the Flames, and holy fuck does that kind of music fit in with the track.

13. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Did you have the same issues I had? If so, how did you resolve the problem? I want to buy this game on Green Man Gaming but it's like the site does not want me to get it there.

14. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

I don't know if you're having the same problem I was having since I cannot view personal requests:

My problem was that I wasn't able to purchase Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed at all. It would always give me an error saying something like "Greenman Gaming cannot complete the transaction because of [forgot what it exactly said but it was like "your bank has denied the transaction. Some banks think that Greenman Gaming is a gambling site"]"

After a couple hours of frustration (and about 17 attempts to purchase it using various methods) I gave up and submitted a support ticket only to get an automated response which wasn't helpful at all. "You are failing payment due to inconsistencies between your payment details." What the hell? I use Paypal for online transactions on sites I'm really new to. (Don't want my info stolen or anything.) So I seriously have no idea what it means for Paypal.

So after that I gave up, came back and still didn't work. Extremely frustrated, I noticed that they had two Sega games that I could get for $8: Nights into Dreams: HD and Jet Set Radio HD. So I bought those two games and guess what... The Transaction went through! After that I was in shock and decided to try ASR:T before the coupon expired (literally an hour or so before it expired.) and bam! I was able to complete the transaction! I don't know if they just happened to fix it or what but after buying non-pre order games, I was able to purchase ASR:T. I believe the problem involves pre-orders but I could be wrong. I don't know if it's a sure way of fixing it but that's what worked for me.

...or you could just have a completely different problem and I wrote a complete paragraph for nothing. :v:

15. Mosqui

Mosqui

I'm glad to hear that the 3DS version finally has a release date. I loved the original on the DS and would love to play the sequel on the go, no matter how much it is dumbed down.
    Besides, the dumbing down process that was used with the DS original produced some amazing remakes of classic music that didn't sound awful, which was a surprise.
    I also have a question about the console versions of Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed; is the difficulty supposed to be this hard?
    I mean, I'm not knocking it, even by a long shot, but it took me by surprise at how much I struggle to complete some of the challenges.
    Or maybe I'm losing my gaming skill after all this time. I hope not.

16. the CPU are souless monsters, so don't worry if you struggle alittle.

But I find that in the end it's much sweeter to win a race, rather than be 1st the entire race with no resistance.

Traffic attack is just mean though.

17. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I'm having the same exact problems, except it won't let me buy it regardless if I use Paypal or not. I contacted my bank at some point and they told me it doesn't even show on their records I tried to make a purchase from the site. Why does Green Man Gaming hate my money? o_O

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Computer is merciless on S-Class (which is really the only class worth playing) item spam is through the roof, yet unlike Mario Kart, it's completely possible to still overcome it and place first or very high.

That is, unless you hear the person in second or third go All-Star on the last lap, then you're likely boned. The opposite is true, though, and there's no penalty for holding on to an All Star other than losing weapons.

That said, the speed on S-Class is wonderful for racing. C-Class is ridiculously slow, while B is a good starter. S-Class is exciting though. Definitely a racer made for fans of racers and not kids. Game is merciless if you leave B-Class, and god help you if you don't race on A or S and go online.

19. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    As bullshit as it sort of sounds, I still like the idea of it being viable to hold onto power items so long as you can keep in the race and sacrifice the use of other items. Seems like a nice risk/reward strategy.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's effective with computers because of the rubber banding. They'll slow down even on S-Class to let you keep pace. Online, you need to be a damn good driver to compensate and hope you're not massacred by items. Human players are the most merciless.