don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    You know, since this is an honest to goodness Sonic Adventure 2, here's a question that's been nibbling at my mind lately.

http://info.sonicretro.org/The_Supernatural

Where do those extra sets of lyrics even appear in the song? Death Chamber obviously added in lyrics for the soundtrack release, but these are never present at any point in any form. Moreover, has anyone even asked Everett Bradley about this?

2. I can confirm that the extra verse does not appear in the soundtrack version of The Supernatural.

3. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member

Sonic Rush can be ported, you just need to edit the controls for the special stage. Yet unless they redo some of the gimmicks in Rush Advent (mainly the sea parts with the mini games and the route drawing). I don't remember Generation 3DS having any actual stylus gimmicks unless you count the special stage, in which you can do the same thing as before. Redoing the control scheme.

4. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    all of my money and my yes if they could make a non-kinect Free Riders version :( but that seems impossible...

5. Ryuki

Ryuki

Can't wait. Easily one of my (if not my all time) favorite Sonic games, definitely a day 1 purchase.

6. Hukos

Hukos

While SA2 has not aged well (As was mentioned before), pretty much the same thing can be said of early 3D platformers/action games. None of them have aged well. I recently replayed Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time for the first time in years, two supposed classics that are timeless. I found them dreadful and a chore to play with minor bursts of enjoyment sprinkled in between. OoT in particular, traveling that overworld is just so painfully boring and makes it so it takes forever to get anything done. Ugh. And SM64... well the physics and camera angles speak for themselves. SA2 definitely has it's issues (Made moreso apparent by the fact that Colors/Generations are just flat out superior games) but I don't think it's a terrible game all things considered. Just a "pretty good" one, but I for one didn't mind the mech sections so I still enjoyed 2/3rds of the game.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    SA2 definately has not aged well at all. But I still enjoy it because I like how the physics feel and grinding works better here than it does in any game since (jumping from rail to rail sucks, but I'm able to look over that). One thing I hope a port changes is camera control. The biggest thing I hate about the game is that you can rotate the camera, but then it snaps back to its initial orientation the moment you move. I'd like to think that would be an easy enough thing to fix.

8. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Sonic Adventure 2 > Sonic CD.

There. I said it.

9. Yeah, you said your own opinon guy. Nice one.

afew weeks ago I emulated SA2B on my computer (Couldn't find my Gamecube copy so derp whatever) And it's...okay. Maybe the emulator was making it worse, I dunno, but it's just in the middle for me. If this is a full on remake (Or atleast update the models/textures/what have you to fit bigger TVs) rather than just a port I'd certainly wanna try it out.

Although my boyfriend loves SA2B so I'll probably end up buying him it if it's released on steam, he'd be thrilled.

10. Tyty

Tyty

KNUXEDO KAMEN Member
    ↑ & ↓ & ↻
    but SA2 -is- better than Sonic CD! :v:

To be honest, I still say the game has aged better than Sonic Adventure, and truthfully hallway in the sky (SA1) isn't much better than tightly cramped hallway (SA2) as far as level design goes, they're both hallways. SA2 really fixed a lot of problems with the speed levels, and I really don't run into all the glitches everyone else seems to comment on.

And I still hold to my opinion the only bad levels in the game are Tails'. Yes, Mad Space is at least decent. It's not even hard to A rank. :colbert:

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Quite honestly, I'd be more than glad if they made a console port with all that crap completely removed.

Just wondering, were you playing the PAL version?

12. Hukos

Hukos

Nope. Still found the overworld incredibly tedious.

For the record, I would take Sonic CD over SA2 in a heartbeat.

13. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Okay, you Sonic CD guys have already gotten a good remake released that you probably have, and if not, then you can go get that. I'd say the fans of SA2 deserve a rerelease of their favorite game too, though.

But I'm hoping that if this is real, it's not just another shoddily done console port, and that it actually had effort put into it.

14. Hey now I'm not saying there shouldn't be a SA2/SA2B rerelease, I'd love it if it was remade properly with better models and textures and have it's gliches fixed. And if it's on PC/steam, hopefully there's a possible chance for mods and whatnot.

15. BetaTwizzler

BetaTwizzler

Sonic Adventure 2(Battle) was and is an awesome game. Can it compete with Generations? No, hell no. That doesn't change the fact that it's still fun to play, for me anyways. I still have my SA2B from like 2002, which I play every so often for the nostalgia, and because I still haven't beaten it. I only need like 15 more emblems! Being that I still own the game, and a Gamecube/Wii to play it on, I'd like to say I wouldn't spend MS Points on it if it came out, but I probably would. I did the same thing with SA when it was made a download. "I already own this, no sense in buying it again...maybe the changed some stuff, though. If I ever lose my disk or scratch it badly I could just play it on the 360..." *goes to Walmart to buy MS Point card* I just hope that if it does come out they don't sell Sonic Adventure 2 for 1600 points, and then "Sonic Adventure 2 Battle expansion pack" for another 400. What changes between the two, really? Big as a playable character, his cameos? There's definitely a market for it, that being anyone who luves Sonic, and the people who grew up with the Adventure series, so I don't see why the won't eventually release it. After SA2(Battle) comes out as a download I wonder how long it'l be until they release Heroes :3

16. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I can't say I agree with that (or anything else people have been saying about Sonic Adventure 2 not aging well). In my opinion, Generations is merely half of what SA2 was.

17. I have to disagree with that. Granted, that's your opinion and I don't think SA2 is a terrible game, but for me, only a third of SA2 was great. The Sonic/Shadow stages are some of the best 3D stages in the entire franchise. However, I'm not a fan of the mech levels and I can't stand Treasure hunting levels. However, I loved both styles of gameplay in Generations. I also feel SA2 can get glitchy sometimes and I don't think the story has aged too well. This is completely subjective, but I prefer the Sonic gameplay style that has been brought in Unleashed and Generations. There are more alternate routes then previous games and I know most of retro is going to disagree with me on this, but I actually really like the boost in the 3D gmaes. Again, I'm not saying SA2 is a bad 3D Sonic game, I just prefer Generations.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Couldn't have said it better myself Fralin Boy. I think if the Treasure Hunting stages at least had SA1's radar and weren't so ridiculously open towards the end of the game I could at least enjoy them a little more, but overall SA2 is a game I like one third of, and Generations is a game I like completely.

19. SuperJXJ

SuperJXJ

vvvvvv
    I can respect your opinion The Fralin Boy, Generations did reach new heights in terms of 3D gameplay, it balanced speed and platforming well (nevermind using 2D as a crutch). However, this came at the expense of everything else, and this goes with Colors as well: the games feel somewhat hollow after completion. The game was obviously rushed, you can tell by the Time Eater boss fight and tedious, repetitive Wisp abuse in Planet Wisp. Colors handled a lighthearted story well, but Generations's plot was so barebones and unsatisfying, even a little during the first run. I definitely wouldn't say SA2's STORY of all things aged poorly, and even if it did I commend it for at least putting in enough effort to make something grand instead of watering down the story to please indecisive fans instead of going all out. Granted not ALL of the stories have to be huge "save the world" type deals, but you can tell when creativity has been battered down and held back, I didn't see that with SA2 but it's definitely evident in Generations. My opinion of course.

20. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I just want a PC version of SA2 for the hacking possibilities.