don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Already ripped it all. Stored in a CPK, just like Generations. In AAX format, will convert when I have time.

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    [​IMG]

Yeah, Sega done fucked up.

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Got another question for you Guess Who. Do you have Episode I? If so, do you have the time to take a look at Episode Metal (if it was included at all)?

4. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Isn't this a BETA, though? I wouldn't jump the gun yet and say that it sucks! We got until May 15th for the final build! :colbert:

5. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I don't have Episode One, so no Episode Metal.

6. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    You're right. I remember everyone was quick to criticize the beta of Episode 1, which we all know turned out to be fantastic in the end!

7. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I have it all converted, but I'd rather not spread a link around right now. Legalities and all that. If an admin gives permission I will, though.

8. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    I have S4E1 on Steam. I could be a guinea pig to test if you also get a beta of Episode Metal, though I don't have the ability to pre-purchase the game right now. Kinda low on money.

9. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Pretty much. There's a few differences - you don't lose all forward momentum when you jump or let go of a direction anymore, for example, and rolling does pick up speed down slopes (but not nearly enough, only really steep slopes) - but you can definitely tell this is Sonic 4.

Also, the introduction to the Sylvania Castle boss is brilliant. I don't want to spoil it, but you will laugh.

10. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    This shit is killing me! If they said the game wasn't available for purchase until said date, but it is available for purchase now, I say there's no holding back. This is a leak of a different nature.

Something tells me the Sylvania Castle Boss will be similar to how the Mushroom Hill Boss began. Instead of a random satellite you jump on, it's a plant. I'm sure I'm wrong though.

11. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    They've planned it for a near-simultaneous release with the console versions. And those are probably still going through Sony & Microsoft's certification processes!

Probably shouldn't be surprised that it's still similar to Ep 1 but that's alright I guess.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Is it still available? I see it has a price tag on it. I'm planning on getting it from XBLA, so I'd rather not spend the extra $15 if they've fixed it already.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Apparently an Admin removed a thread about it on the SEGA forums. If it's still available, it won't be for much longer.

EDIT: Aaaaaand supposedly the game has just been removed from everyone's library.

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    AAAAWWWWW I just purchased it. Well played, Steam. I guess it's cool that I'll be able to play it in HD at any rate.

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Nope, it renders at 720p and upscales.

Also, I have a backup of the entire game. Just in case ;)

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    That doesn't make much of a difference to me. My gaming TV is standard def, so it's still an upgrade in my eyes. Besides, playing in 1080p on a console always gave me button lag and that just pissed me off. Even so...there goes $15.

17. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    This isn't gonna result in the game getting delayed, right? I mean, people are praising it left and right! Sega would be stupid to delay it if people actually like it!

18. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Only up to White Park Act 3. :v

And yeah, Valve just pulled the game from my library. Good thing I backed it up.

And got it running without Steam.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So then... Any fun tid bits you can show us that Sega hasn't mentioned yet? I'm kinda tired of waiting for Sega to say things. Any other things like Episode Metal or whatnot given to us? Whats the last level like (Once you get to it)? Does Classic mode exist?

20. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I don't want to spoil too much! This is very shady ground legally, and when Episode One leaked, shit got crazy on the forums. I'd really rather avoid that, the staff here has enough to worry about.