don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Mario & Sonic: Worlds Clash
    Alright, I have some free time to go through my unboxing pics I took earlier :D

Here's the box it came in. It comes with an empty CD/DVD case that was on was on top of the collectors edition (sonic faced) box, not actually inside it.

The Game's limited edition case is pretty cool. It has that 3D effect you see on some DVD cases, and when you look at it from at different angles, you either see Modern or Classic Sonic.

The Ring comes in a snow globe like case which you can easily open and take the ring out. I got the 11096th Ring (Out of 12000) ^^;

The Art Book has lots of old concept art, modern character art, box art of a lot of the games, title screen art and more:

The CD Case. Comes with the "History of Sonic" documentary and the 20th Anniversary soundtrack.

Track list:
    1. Sega call
    2. Angle Island - Act 1
    3. Mushroom Hill - Act 1
    4. Splash Hill - Act 1
    5. Palm Tree Panic - Present
    6. Toxic Caves
    7. Green Grove - Act 1
    8. Midnight Greenhouse
    9. Lovers
    10. Can You Feel The Sunshine
    11. Right There, Right On
    12. Planet Kingdom - Act 1
    13. Blue Azure World
    14. Escape From The City
    15. Seaside Hill
    16. Theme of Metal City
    17. Quick Trip To Paradise
    18. Westopolis
    19. Let The Speed Mend It
    20. Camelot Castle
    21. The Water's Edge
    22. Windmill Isle - Day
    23. Tropical Resort - Act 1

Edit: Oh just remembered something else.
    The figurine's can be easily taken off their stand:

I like it like this ^_^

Let me know if there's anything else you want to see :)
    Now, back to exam study ;_;

2. Hm, I recognize all the music on the album except Midnight Greenhouse and Lovers. Can you provide rips at all?

Also, my face when I not only heard remixes of Chrome Gadget and Balloon Park in the Challenge Acts, but the Sonic Battle theme as well: :v:

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
  4. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Next time, resize your images or link with thumbnails.

That was ridiculous.

5. Tyty

Tyty

KNUXEDO KAMEN Member
    ↑ & ↓ & ↻
    I'm absolutely loving the homages to the original games in the modern levels, as far as level design goes, and not just setpieces. It starts to become much more apparent later in the game, since you're closer to modern sonic though, but I noticed there's tons of platforming in crisis city that is odd, but works with the Generations engine. Speed Highway to Crisis City put lots of emphasis on homing attacks and chains thereof, as well as the levels' usual cinematic qualities. Rooftop Run features the "Full of stuff" feeling of Unleashed, as well as the long quickstep sections everywhere, and Planet Wisp has lots of 2D areas, and even has the whole BOWLING PIN YEAH thing they had with enemies in colors in the level.

Generally, it's been really really really fun, and the level design has been superb. I'm going through trying for S ranks and red rings now.

6. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Sorry I don't have time to provide the rips at the moment however it says Midnight Greenhouse is from Knuckles Chaotix and Lovers is from Sonic Championship (Sonic Fighters?)

Sorry about that, and thanks for the edit :)

7. Ah, alright. I played very little of Chaotix and I'm still trying to get my mitts on a copy of the Sonic Championship soundtrack.

8. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Soooo... did Eggman build his robots with libidos or is Rouge so sexy it's a superpower?

9. If Eggmanland was anything to go by, probably a little of 'Column A' and a little of 'Column B'.

10. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    Oh did you order it from the same place?

Well I am importing it so
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18591885/welp.png
    I caved :'(

11. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member

What is that blue DVD case with sonic logo on it? Where did you get that?

12. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    It was sitting inside the brown box on top of the collectors edition box along with a Sonic Hat (the exact same one that came with the pre-order of Sonic Colours)

Although, it's completely empty. I guess it's just a spare case to chuck what ever you want in (I.e. Generations)

It looks bloody awesome though ^^

13. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I got the game today and beat it. I'm gonna make this brief and to the point: I fucking love this game.

14. So that wasn't inside the collectors edition, but outside it? Where did you order from? That case looks fantastic, and similar to that of possibly the steel case special edition in some areas of Europe.

15. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    [​IMG]

Dispatching "Soon", I WANT IT now! Amazon will rue the day it makes me wait 24 hours, I need that ring to protect myself from damage!

16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    So, how long until one of you is nice enough to put up the documentary somewhere?

17. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Damnit, Amazon UK, please be more goddamn specific. "Soon" is not a valid dispatch date.

18. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Mine says it's "Processing Dispatch" at the moment.

19. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Probably means they may post it today "sometime", and it will probably turn up Friday or Saturday =/

Or if they f*ck up, sometime next week =/

And I'm not saying that to rub it in, because im in exactally the same position >_<

20. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Well next week would be frustrating since my delivery estimate is tomorrow XD