don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That at least makes sense, since it's a boss fight. Modern Metal Sonic would just look strange in that battle, same with a Modernized Death Egg Robot. However they should have thrown in nods to Classic Amy and Classic Knuckles (And Classic Eggman for that matter), since they all originally appeared in Stardust speedway, Sky Sanctuary, and Death Egg (Like why didn't classic Sonic chase Classic Robotnik down the corridor? That's like as retro as it gets)

2. What am I not in the know about? Am I missing something? Honestly, are you just a well thought out troll or are you seriously 12 years old? And please, don't bury yourself more by attacking what I do when it's not relevant what so ever.

Either way I've buried myself by either feeding a troll and everyone else is aware that his posts are in jest or I'm feeding the fire of flamewar waiting to happen. I'm just going to ignore you.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So what mods/tweaks/lolreskins are you guys planning once you get the PC version?

I know some of you have been planning stuff since the official announcement.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...Okay, that's the first thing from the game that I don't like at all.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Normally I don't agree with Kogen but come on that song is pretty bad.

6. Pretty bad yo

I wonder if Missions will even have the ability to change music though.

7. Vandelay

Vandelay

Say Vandelay!
    Look guys! a Sonic 4 Easter Egg in Generations!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDJiwn0n4II
    *troll face*

8. Tyty

Tyty

KNUXEDO KAMEN Member
    ↑ & ↓ & ↻
    Toxic Caves makes the entire Sonic Spinball soundtrack worth it. Just saying.

And in general, Sonic games tend to have really good music. there might be an off track or two, but they're still generally really good. I'm personally not a fan of the autotuned vocals, but the synth pop stylings sort of fit in, since Sonic has had music of every genre.

From pop to techno to rock to smooth jazz, there's no real one genre that suits a Sonic game. It's all subjective.

9. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    In all the time I have been replaying that level to high heaven, not once has that happened to me.

But.... man. I really hope that gets fixed/is already being fixed. Still, it doesn't stop the majority of Sonic Generations' classic Sonic physics blowing Sonic 4 Episode I's out of the water.

10. Vandelay

Vandelay

Say Vandelay!
    That's the only spot I've been able to do it, and it only lasts for like 2 seconds.

11. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Yeah, I mean, the Saturn soundtrack for Sonic 3D runs the gamut of genres, and they're all pretty damn well fitting for the series.

12. MastaSys

MastaSys

I didn't find Super Sonic Racing remix THAT bad, maybe because I didn't wake up im bitchin' mode today.
    Or maybe I didn't do a great deal of it because it's from a optional mission.

Well even, if Classic Eggman don't appear in the game, he's still have a cameo in the signpost, at least.
    I just find strange why in the 3DS they used modern one in the signpost and blacked out the canopy of the Big Arm.
    I just hope the reason isn't "Stupid Westerns will just bitch because the Classic Dr. isn't like the one from their heads,"
    But I still hope everyone have classic artwork in the unlockables at least.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You've done a terrible thing here. You should feel horrible right now.

14. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Wow mind blown. From Sega Bits:

I now like that remix just a bit better.

15. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Relevant

16. MastaSys

MastaSys

Wow, when I think "Nice obscure reference, they can't go deeper that that!" (Like Chaotix music etc...)
    They suprise me even more.
    Nice going on this one, Sega.

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Going back a bit...
    Jun's guitars are fine. It's the synths he uses that are crap (OH WHAT A SCATHING INDICTMENT OF EVERY SOUNDTRACK HE'S DONE INCLUDING SONIC 4), and tends toward making really short loops instead of larger songs. But that latter point is an issue I have with Ohtani as well, especially in Unleashed, so it seems weird to single out Senoue for that.

I still prefer his work in, say, Sonic Heroes, to that of Sonic 3D, for that matter, but Sonic 4's soundtrack would have been a lot better if he wasn't using those awful synths and percussion samples.

18. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    On that note, I'd find it rather interesting to see SEGA do remixes of all Sonic 4 Episode I music in the style of Sonic Generations classic music.

Part of me still thinks that there is a slim chance of seeing some possible Sonic 4 Episode II hints in Sonic Generations, but eh I don't know.... Probably not.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    >50 remixes

I am OK with this. Also, I actually like Cash Cash's re-do of Super Sonic Racing - while it's not better than the original, it's not terribad. At least not like some we could mention.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well if were making obscure references here...

Jacktheloudmouth101 found this the other day:

Its a wall crash animation. And it looks strangely familiar...
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Completely blotted Unwiished out of my mind, my bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.