don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MastaSys

MastaSys

Yes an Rival and "Final" Boss each era
    With all the leaks from the demo and achivments we already know who's the Boss for the Modern Era.
    Egg Dragoon

2. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    Awesome. Well, thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't really alert when the leaks going around and I didn't really go trawling for the info. This is my main source of Generations info.

3. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Technically they did, since Kingdom Valley is in the trailer, that is the level where you race Silver just like you race Metal Sonic in Stardust Speedway.

edit: Looking at the trailer I might very well be wrong and that might be Planet Wisp. Ah well, they look pretty similar

edit #2: Why the fuck is Perfect Chaos in a Modern Trailer, I just noticed this. The boss for the modern era is Egg Dragoon with Silver as the rival battle, Perfect Chaos presumably has nothing to do with the modern era in this game so why's he in the trailer again?

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Because only masochists stuck through Eggmanland long enough to see Egg Dragoon. He's not as memorable as Perfect Chaos.

No brainer, really.

5. nicko

nicko

Look Alike
    University
    I reckon chaos is like that, because he may of solidified himself like hydroman does from spider-man.

6. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Naofumi Hataya? He's doing the genesis era classic music (including Stardust Speedway which he actually composed himself), and redid the Heroes menu theme (also originally done by him). He composed Ocean Palace, so I want to say he'll be doing Seaside Hill's classic music, but we don't know yet.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

Hopefully Ocean Palace gets some remix, it's too good not to remix. Speaking of composer talk, Jun tweeted this:

"Great work by Tomoya and his buddy. RT@DarkOverord ...That Crisis City music is amazing o.o"

http://twitter.com/#!/crush40/status/121886179045023744

Tomoya and his buddy...hmm. Can't wait for the track listing, as fun as it is to guess who did what. :v:

8. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    ...race? Why the hell would we need to race Silver to beat him? Is there anything Sonic needs to prove to himself in this?

It didn't take me long to recognize the Crisis City Remix. It took me well past the end of the video to recognize them as the Modern and Classic remixes. Both are excellent.

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I was thinking of Brent Cash who is also awful.

10. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp look positively divine! They can go fuck themselves in the bum for giving us another city level though, which also looks like absolute shit.

11. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I'm starting to wonder if part of the story there is a wierd paradox where classic Sonic starts learning how to boost and homing attack from watching modern Sonic, Infinitly looping time fold lol And at the end of the game he drops into Station Square.

"Oh yeah, this is happenin'!"

12. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Sssh, you'll spoil the story! Silver's obviously going to be all "OMG There are two iblis triggers?!?! let's race to find out who the real one is !11"! or something. They will race, no doubt about it. On a good note: Silver will probably be using his psychic powers to throw obstacles in your path and move platforms from beneath you and stuff.

Won't happen because you forgot about Sonic 4, that's where Sonic learns homing attack.

Someone forgot about Sonic Rivals...

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Why would Silver race them? Silver is slow as hell.

If I don't hear "HOW BOUT THIS? 1000 times I'll be disappointed.

14. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Classic music is split between Naofumi Hataya, Cash Cash, and now Tomoya Ohtani. Fitting, since he composed the original Crisis City and Rooftop Run. Kenichi Tokoi will probably be involved as well.

15. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I'm curious about the Elemental Shields. We've seen neither hide nor hair of them, which makes me wonder if they've been scrapped despite having been coded into the demo already. I hope not, but I guess it's not a deal-breaker if they were.

16. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Crysis City music would fit a 90's disco.

I feel it's weird not to see Silver in the modern era trailer, but I don't care about Silver at all so win-win for me.

SA CGI Perfect Chaos was brutal, I hope the entrance is recreated. It's too early to tell about Generations Perfect Chaos I agree, but the water monster version was better. The teeth are weird as well, they look so cartoony.

17. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    But classic Sonic only extends as far as Sonic & Knuckles, which is before Sonic 4, which would explain why he knows the homing attack in Sonic 4, he learned it between games from modern Sonic in Generations XD

*non-relivent timeline debate in non-relivent* lol I was only theorizing a potential time loop thing XD

18. diplomacydog

diplomacydog

What did I just read? Member
    South Carolina
    No :(
    I need to hear "ITS NO USE" or the Silver fight won't be funny at all.

19. CraigRobbo

CraigRobbo

I'm Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

I don't fancy reading over 8500 posts...

Is generation just a bunch of re-imagined stages or will there be some totally new new stages in there too?

Or do we not know yet?

Craig

20. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Just levels taken from the past 20 years of Sonic games, from the "Classic Era", "Dreamcast Era" and "Modern Era".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.