don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    More to the point- it'd look... odd in 3D.

2. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member

They should make it a DLC skin. :specialed:

And one for Hyper Sonic

3. WOW, I havent been keeping up on this game but after combing through months of updates, I really don't know how to feel. Claims of broken programming and boring level selection. I hope the finalized version is more polished.

4. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    All these pages of topic and that's all you pick out? There ARE an awful lto of good points too y'know :v: I for one am quite liking how things are looking, Seaside Hill looks brilliant and less boring than I imagined it'd be, and I'm curious as to what level will be shown next.

5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    That's really digging at the bottom of the pot for problems of the game when they're really pretty minor (there's still some programming issues that need to be ironed out but not exactly game breaking). So far we got confirmed officially (not leaked) a grass, factory, water ruins, military city, and carnival stage confirmed. Leaked levels leave a sky, highway, apocalyptic city, and alien planet. The level variety to me is being presented a lot better than I expected.

6. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
  7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

9. Ok. Ninja'd twice. Ignore this.

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Code (Text):
    1. http://www.destructoid.com/I-m-convinced-sonic-generations-is-an-elaborate-trap-[deletethis]-210195.phtml
    The two dashes in the URL keep getting turned into a hyphen. Try this.

11. Wait, November 1st? I thought it was set to release later than that...

But then I suppose this isn't a great source for that information.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

November 1st for NA and November 4th for EUR have been on all the official Sonic Generations ads on IGN and Youtube, so they're as good as confirmed.

13. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I honestly cannot stand the way that man writes. It's like hearing the most self-absorbed asshole talk in the most sarcastic tone possible.

It's like listening to Seth Rogen speak, basically.

14. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy

Welcome to Destructoid. Where the hell have you been?

15. That's just Jim Sterling, not Destructoid as a whole. The community is also a tight ratpack group of gamers that enjoy the experience and the other editors and journalists are quite good. It is only he that embraces this persona to get attention because IT WORKS... This is why he got a Sonic 20th Anniversary statue of the 1000 (?) made.

Any who, I think we should be quite pleased seeing that Jim likes it. Reviews and Reviewers of video games tend to have a lot more voice than the average person does, and SEGA obviously looks at Jim Sterling's reviews. Maybe it will keep them on track to make Sonic games playing like Generations in the future.

16. GuetaMinute

GuetaMinute

I have to admit I like how he mentioned the "floaty" feel of Sonic in Unleashed. It was one of the big problems for me with the game along with the sloppy controlling of Sonic.

17. glem3

glem3

Modern sonic looks like it controls exactly the same as it did in unleashed, honestly. It seems unchanged besides the drift.

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Except he doesn't.

19. I did not know that. The wiki says November 22 right now, so that should probably be changed.

20. glem3

glem3

Okay then, what looks different about it? The only thing I can think of is the homing attack now being A+A.

The jumping, boosting, grinding...it all looks exactly the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.