don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member

Full playthrough of 3DS demo, anyone? Big Arms Boss included?

Dunno why they chose to use Doomsday Zone music for the boss fight, but that's DIMPS for ya.

2. Digiku

Digiku

Oldbie
    I'd even go beyond email and send it on postal. Makes it more professional, I think, though I'm not familiar with Sega's communication system to know if email could still be effective.

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Woah, was not expecting Doomsday music for the boss. Does that mean we'll get boss themes related to each game it is representing?

Me either, but I like the idea. We could also try the opposite and try and make it viral. Try and get a site like Gamestop or Kotaku report on it. They would notice it then as well.

Watching the 3DS video, we could also address the 3DS version with similar requests. Stop uncurling, original GHZ level, physic changes? It is also interesting that the 3DS version has sides for its springs in Classic, so you cannot just run into them to activate the springs, while the console copy doesn't.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I love the remixes! City Escape 90's Mode was really great, and I love the Crush 40 Sonic Boom ("SONIC BOOOOOOOM MUDDAFUCKAHS"). I'm pretending I didn't hear the Sonic R Remix though.

Also, hearing the demo is on it's way this early makes me really happy. Bummer to hear about Classic Sonic's rolling issues, but hopefully demo feedback will change the final product for the better.

5. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I DO NOT FUCKING BELIEVE IT THAT IS THE ACTUAL GREEN HILL ZONE ACT 1 IN 3D THE IDLE BASTARDS. I sorry for venting my nerd rage but I'm so sick to death of them milking rehashed stuff it's not even funny anymore.

6. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Vented towards a game whos main hook is the fact that it is rehashing everything, this is kinda funny, but I understand your point. I really do not understand their thought process on this one.

7. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Dear people recording shit with cell phones: hold your phones sideways, guys, it's not that hard.

8. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I can except the whole generations thing with using the original level art but I at least expected new level design. I feel like I should start a campaign to get Sonic fans to sign a petition to suggest sacking these game directors so we can have a Sonic game with some real effort put into it.

9. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

On one hand, I'm disappointed that the rolling is unproper and the jump is too heavy. On the other, there is rolling, and I'm thankful for that. It's been too long since I rolled about in a Sonic game (unless I'm revisiting old titles). Sonic's a hedgehog and he has always rolled, since Sonic 1. Some might miss the black eyes the most, but to me rolling was where it was at, and what I remember the most. Here's hoping they'll fix rolling (the jump weight I can live with :v:) and that rolling is kept for every game after this.

10. What's this about a Demo? Something I missed at E3/Sonic boom?

11. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Oh my god... That is amazing. Even if it does suffer from a tiny bit of autoplay, that's still just great stuff right there.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Yep. Apparently at Sonic Boom, a demo was confirmed to be on its way soon. You should read back over the last 5 or 6 pages, quite a bit of important info/impressions trickling out. :)

EDIT: Don't think anyone's pointed this out; those little springboards in C. Sonic's City Escape are very reminiscent of the ones from Chemical Plant Zone. Cool!

13. Thank you, found it. :)

It would be spot on if it were to be released for the 23rd.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Or get to the point before they get bored reading a wall of text. They've been here and already know who we are + - and that we love them   .

15. Yeah those were awesome to see. Really hoping that confirms Chemical Plant Zone for the game.

16. IGN seemed to have removed Sonic Generations from their schedule when you go to the actual stream window itself, does this mean no more juicy reveals or what?

3:40 PMRayman Origins
    4:20 PMCatherine
    4:40 PMNeed for Speed: The Run
    5:00 PMSSX

Sonic was meant to be at 4pm Pacific

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sonic Generations was added later on in this list: http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/117/1172302p1.html
    Maybe they forgot to update the schedule on the stream window?

I doubt we'll see anything new though.

18. ancara

ancara

Now watch as they reveal Green Hill Zone boss fights for both classic and modern sonic, and how they end up getting it to work.

I assume that the classic one will be the same one as before, but maybe for modern sonic, just maybe......

the drill tank vehicle returns for vengance? Oh god, that'd be perfect. :v:

19. sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Banned
    After watching the gameplay and reading the comments by the people who played the game I'm more interested now about the game.

Classic Sonic's City Escape was good, I quite like everything so far but I'm a bit disappointed to hear about the rolling issues, hopefully they'll fix that before release.

Awesome :) I'm glad Giant Arms boss is back one of my favorite boss fights, I still think Green Hill looks more beautiful on 3DS than it does on 360/PS3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.