don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    So guys, after you beat + - the game   , the game sends you to + - the Credits screen.  

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    What I think is quite interesting is they are actually enjoying it playing with the "wiimote alone", I mean if you can enjoy it using the least competent control setup, that speaks alot about the games overall quality.

I really expected Ryan and Jeff to dig into this game, Ryan moreso after his recorded dislike for sonic thats "never gonna be good again"

But yeah if all Ryan really has againsed this is the voices are not to his taste, and that he can change it to japanese so no problem, id say the games standing up pretty well

3. serpx

serpx

There will always be someone who finds something considered great to be "meh", or "terrible." Can't please everyone.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Oh dammit, now you've spoiled it for me.

5. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    You shouldent have highlighted those epic spoiler tags then! :v:

6. corneliab

corneliab

I thought it was funny how the song they used here was a DS-ized version of the Gameland wisp theme. So chinsy.

7. Fiamonder

Fiamonder

Amsterdam
    Sonic Generations & Knuckles
    So I checked my score of Starlight Carnival act 5 online, and I'm number 9. :specialed:

Did anyone else here check the online scores?

EDIT- Also fourth at Game Land 6 act 3, wheee.

8. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.

Word. I expected them to hate this game, but I was holding out some hope that they'd think it was good. If Ryan switched out to a GC controller or even classic controller and got rid of that preconception that all the voice acting is going to be YEAH BRO 90s, he'll probably enjoy it even more.

9. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    That works in reverse too, just sayin'.

Playing these games in Japanese is generally more comforting because Sonic in Japanese still sounds like the same guy who's been voicing him since SA1, and that applies for the rest of the cast as well.

It also can help take the edge off some of the more cringe-worthy dialog sequences, because you have the added disorientation of a foreign language acting as a buffer.

10. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    For those who weren't highlighting the hidden text, I was trying to hide the fact I was talking about something boss battles related. I was extremely tired when I made that post and it was probably stupid to hide that text. but oh well. >_> I'll try to not be so ridiculous on spoiler tags in the future.

11. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    Remember when the initial trailers for Unleashed spread across the Internet and people noticed the music for Savannah Citadel was similar to the Sonic 1 Master System Credits? Are there any other coincidences or 'homages' in Colours?

12. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I believe these have already been mentioned, but I'll repeat them.

One is in Game Land, where I think all the first Acts have designs very similar to Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)'s first Acts.
    Another is the final boss, where it could possibly be a homage to Kamen Rider W/Double. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9BFkv5DYLU

But that's all I've seen at the moment.

13. TheUltimaXtreme

TheUltimaXtreme

Breaking logic since whenever Member
    So I'm near done with Colors, but these last ten rings are a bitch. Why am I coming here? Why am I not on youtube with this? My internet is out and all I have is my phone. Anyways, here are my problem areas. AQUARIUM PARK act 4-1,2,4 act 6-1 ASTEROID COASTER act 4-2,5 act 5-2,5 act 6-1,3 So note this: TEXT AND IMAGES ONLY, NO VIDEOS I'd enjoy the help. Thanks.

14. Protip: We have an entire thread devoted to Colors. Ask there.

15. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    ... You can't get videos on your phone?

16. Once I'm done S ranking everything, I think I'll do everything again on all the available save slots.

17. TheUltimaXtreme

TheUltimaXtreme

No. It's your basic cell phone with ringtones, games and mobile web

18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    We need a Guide for the Red Rings or something.

..or another thread. idk :(

19. TheUltimaXtreme

TheUltimaXtreme

They exist. Except they're either video guides or rings I already have.

20. corneliab

corneliab

Here are some locations

AP4-1: Go as far left as you can at the very beginning. The ring is above water.
    AP4-2: Proceed through the stage normally and stick to the top until you reach a section where you can either slide to reach a bottom path or use a bouncy pole to reach an upwards path. Take the top path, grab the laser wisp, and navigate the following ricochet section to get to the red ring.
    AP4-4: Grab the drill wisp next to the third red ring (the one in the water pit shortly after 2), go all the way to the right, take the pipe path in the wall, stomp the crates to the right, jump into the water, grab the drill wisp to the far left, proceed right, and enter the pipe that's below the next drill wisp capsule. The red ring's straight ahead.

AP6-1: Jump into the water and head right. Grab a drill wisp (located near the top of this area) and pass through one of the pipes to the right. Head upwards in the vertical divergence, break the block to the right, and enter the pipe ahead. Immediately head downwards, and then go as far left as you can. The red ring should be in front of a set of fans.

AC6-1: Jump into the first set of orange rings but stay onto the second coaster. When it drops down, jump into the colored rings and use the homing attack to the set of asteroids on the left. Hit the spring and jump into the rainbow rings at the end of the brief coaster ride. You'll collect the ring.
    AC6-3: At the end of the second underwater Frenzy section (right before the diving sequence) there is a red ring in one of the blocks near the ceiling.

Used AestheticGamer's videos have as a reference. Can't remember where the others are, and I don't have access to the game right now.