don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    How well has Sonic Colors been selling?

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I'm curious about this too. hopefully its doing good!

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

According to a story posted on Cute Fluffy Kittens (someone's going to have to explain that joke to me I swear) as far as the first week in Europe went it only sold a little over 10,000 copies, which if I'm remembering correctly was worse than All-Star Racing's first week, Unleashed Wii's first week, and even Black Knight's first week.

It'll probably pick up though.

4. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    HAHAHAHAHA!

Guess it's back to Shadow the Hedgehog's guns and motorbikes next year.

5. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Yo, question. What do we get for all S Ranks? Is it worth doing?

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    That sucks. Strange how the shit games got more first week sales but the good game didn't.

I hope the US and JPN sales pick up the slack.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Remember though, it's near Christmas and Call of Duty Black Ops came out the same week. It'll probably pick up around the holiday season when parents buy it for their kids and once people feel like spending money after Cod.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Those aren't official numbers though. And VGChartz isn't a very good source.

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    As well as other games like Donkey Kong Country. The video game industry in general is going to have a lot of fun this holiday season.

10. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I generally hate having things spoiled for me and put things in spoiler tags to not ruin anything for anyone. While you find it annoying, I'm just trying to avoid ruining anything for anyone though pretty much anyone who looks at this thread will immediately have that stuff ruined for them. <_<

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    After beating the DS version last night, I'd simply like to add:

That was one of the worst final bosses I've ever played. Nega Queen Wisp sucked so much. Aside from being too easy, the fight was too boring and her whole scenario amounted to nothing.

I am also sad that Nega Wisp (Eggman's mecha) was a neat fight and that the kick ass music, much like his Wii counterpart, was reserved for a pinch form where you have to use Unlimited Prism Buster to not get killed by his gigantic laser beam and deliver the killing hit.

DIMPS, you would have been better off doing Super Sonic in stages than a worthless extra boss and a prize of Infinite Boost (even if Super Sonic is just that.)

13. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Is Super Sonic in the DS version?

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    + - only at the final boss.  

15. Not entirely.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yeah, it's a huge waste there because the final boss is so stupid. It's not even exciting. Think of it like playing slowed down versions of Rush Adventure's final boss (except you're not even guaranteed to hit the blasted thing) and the Giant Golem vs. Dark Gaia fight from Unleashed HD, where you slowly meander around in 3D getting rings until you're close enough to hit the thing.

I beat the fight in 3m30s and still got an S Rank by a comfortable margin.

17. serpx

serpx

It's the shit games that would cause low sales like that on an actual good game. Though, I wouldn't worry about said numbers until official ones come out.

18. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    It's such a shame that the DS version doesn't have Super Sonic in all the stages. Infinite boost? No thanks, I'll pass on that, I'm hardly a fan of "hold boost to win" (I've never liked bloody boosting, it's a stupid idea IMO). I know Super Sonic has infinite boost and, in any case, would be just as cheap as constant boosting as normal Sonic; but it seems silly not to have him available in all the levels considering this is the prize in the Wii counterpart. There's just something fun and awesome about playing as Super Sonic.

19. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Can't really understand that. This is the first time the English voice acting is good. It kinda pisses me off, but whatever, to each his own.

20. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    Way to miss the point. How dense would someone have to be to not expect a final boss in any game? It's not the spoiler tagging that's annoying; it's the senseless use of it.