don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I'll have to stop you there. Yeah, Tom Hanks plays Woody, but Tom Hanks doesn't play any OTHER character within Toy Story, thus giving them the same voice. The reason why they picked Tom Hanks to play Woody is because of his voice. Dan Green voices Knuckles, who also sounds exactly the same as Mephiles. That was totally unnacceptable. Two major characters should not sound the same. If Tom Hanks were to turn up as himself in Toy Story, then the same shit would apply.

I don't mind Dan Green. The whole 4Kids cast sounds pretty strained when they talk anyway, like they're putting too much emphasis on words or inflections. Pollock is fucking awesome though, on par with poor Deem Bristow, with an added comical twist. Griffith got a lot better, but the new guy sounds as if he'll be really good, without having to practise over and over again throughout a five year period. It just sounds more natural to the guy.

2. Dan Green makes Knuckles sound much older than 16. Pollock does a nice job, but I liked Bristow better.

I didn't like Griffith until Black Knight. I thought he did okay in that game.

3. Flare

Flare

Getting slightly confused at what I meant, I wasn't meaning two characters in one game, like I hate the fact Griffith plays Professor Pickles lab assistant and Sonic in the same scene let alone the same game, I was defending Green's ability as an actor.

I mean compare Knuckles to Pr. Pickle. Completely separate characters, they have different personalities, yet they do sound simular cause they are played by the same actor but that doesn't mean that he can't be played by Green because he does make them separate (though my opinion is that no secondary character should share a voice with a main lead but besides the point) This is what I hate when people simply dismiss an actors ability to play a range of characters. I wasn't meaning that they used him twice in one game - cause I don't like that at all, but thats not Greens fault thats out of his control, and for what he had to do he did it very well. He plays both characters in STH 06 completely with a different style, Knuckles as usual and created one of the most threatening villains in recent Sonic games, so don't mis understand what I meant when I said he has range.

4. So, apparently the new voice actor for Shadow is Troy Baker, who voices the English versions of both Yamato and Pain from Naruto Shippuden, and the new voice for Knuckles is Crispin Freeman... Who voices Itachi Uchiha.

Seriously, why don't you just dress Sonic up in an orange jumpsuit already. >.>

5. CRISPIN FREEMAN!!!!!!!!
    Wait....where did you get this information.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Sauce, please.

7. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    It's been easily three years since I've watched Naruto before I realized it was totally fucking stupid, but I do remember the lines being acted out pretty cheesily but in that cool way.

Still, Sauce, and some videos would be nice too.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Same here. Source or GTFO!

Seriously whats with all the naruto VAs? not saying there bad or anything they all sound well rounded but its like SEGA has a contract with VIZ or something.

I'm guessing Johnny Yong Bosch will find some way to weasel into this I hear his voice in everything nowadays.

9. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I dunno why, but I personally want to hear Scott McNeil do some voice acting too. Really, I dunno why.

10. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    New Sonic Anime confi-- *shot*

11. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    With the 20th anniversary next year, it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Also, seconded (or thirded or whatever) on the source of the Knuckles/Shadow VAs.

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Evidently it's all from Wikipedia. Disregard, dongs sucked, etc.

13. True, it may be from Wikipedia, but I don't think it's that far of a stretch, really.

14. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    YES DO WANT MUCH, PREASE. Although I doubt what character he would be fit to play.

15. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Dammit, now I've got Shadow in my head with Johnny Bosch going "I've got to find out the truth! This is who I am." Thx guys. :v:

Seriously though, I don't mind Bosch as a voice actor. Or the reels posted here. And from the bits and pieces of Viz material I've seen, I've been thinking they'd fit pretty well. Or, y'know, on par with past Sega voice work at least - Campy, but not strictly under- or over-done. Or whatever the fuck "Uhlliiiiiiiiiiiiissee..." was.

Oh goddammit, "Chaos - BLAST!" is now "Mastodon!"

16. For reference, Troy Baker voices both Yamato and Pain from Naruto Shipp?den (Pain, of course, has only been voiced in the most recent video games, as the anime hasn't progressed that far) and for BLEACH fans, he also voices Jin Kariya (From the Bount filler arc) and Rose, one of the Visored.

Crispin Freeman voices Itachi Uchiha from Naruto Shipp?den and Rude from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

17. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Troy Baker also did Excalibur from Soul Eater, as well as Yuri from Tales of Vesperia. And on the subject of the Tales games, Crispin Freeman also did Regal Bryant from Tales of Symphonia.

18. Its not too implausible for those two to be working with SEGA now.
    However, due to the source being Wikipedia (and many members of the SSMB messing around with the artcles) it can't be confirmed.
    Not until SEGA give an official announcement....or more concrete evidence is found.

19. What's with all the anime voice actors? Oh well, I want concrete evidence on this.

I also want to hear Tails' new voice.

20. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    To be fairly honest, if any naroshit touches my Sonic I'm leaving.

Seriously, I hate that shit. Hate it even more than I hate Touhou.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.