don't click here

What hazard do you hate the most in Sonic?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Volpino, Apr 23, 2010.

Which hazard do you hate the most in Sonic games?

1. Badniks/enemies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spikes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lava

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hazardous obstacles (Crushing blocks, tredmills leading into spikes, etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bosses

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bottomless pits

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Water

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. null1024

null1024

Anything that can kill Sonic in one hit [crushers and the like mostly, pits don't get terribly much hate from me, unless they're ultra-common], most notably in Chemical Plant, where you'd be running just fine, come to a diagonal set of blocks, go under one on accident, and suddenly die, despite the fact the block that killed you was moving sideways or standing still.

2. MitchZer0

MitchZer0

I would say crushing blocks, they always angered me since they are hard to avoid sometimes and they kill you instantly.

3. BaXter

BaXter

Employed at KickAss Corp.
    Me and my sister have a real bad feeling about ONE hazardous obstacle : Remember Chemical Plant Zone 2 : at the middle of the stage, there is a trap were suddently the water grow up. Water is not a problem himself, its the blocks movement!!! When one stair block group grow up and on another go down, you have just to do a bad jump between them, and be flatten like a carpet, without understand why!!

This is my only reproch about the hazard of obstacle.

I like the evil of the pikes line at Metropolis zone 2. Fast and random, that's a real challenge!

Crushing blocks bidges at Mystic Cave zone 2 are hard to if you always search the top of the level to stay safe. After take a red bumpper, you have just one second of reaction time to jump up again... Crual but fun!

4. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    Bottomless pits.
    You miss one little badnik or platform, and then you're falling. And the bad part about it is that they last for around 3 seconds, so you can only sit there with the controller in your hand, waiting for the inevitable.
    Then you get the message "GAME OVER". It still frustrates me to this day, even when I know where the bottomless pits are. In fact, that makes it even worse. >_>

5. Xylem Tube

Xylem Tube

I'll Take That.
    Sonic is a platformer, and thus requires a lot of level memorization. All of these hazards are just parts of the game that you have to memorize.

The Slicers However are a little unfair I think, which is why I voted on the badniks.

6. Imadjinn

Imadjinn

Don't want a Crusher,
    A big old Crusher.
    They squash me flat,
    They make me hate.

*deedle deedle deedle doo*

Don't want a Crusher,
    A spiky Crusher.
    It's tough enough,
    Without that weight.

If you've never seen the Crusha adverts, this will most likely make all of no sense to you.

But yeah. Notables include Metropolis Zone and Marble Garden Zone. Arsebandits.

7. Mr Smith

Mr Smith

I love crushers, they increased my adrenaline and made the game much more awesome.
    Now the barrel of hate in Carnival Night 2 - there is an object of contempt.

8. TomoAlien

TomoAlien

Poland
    I hate the bottomless pits the most because the game tricks you into giving you impression that you're safe to run fast, but then they give you a pit. It's really annoying.

I hate the stars from Metropolis Zone in Sonic 2 too. These things are in the background, but then they just fly out of the wall and shoot you with the needles. The worst part that sometimes they are only a background decoration, making you paranoid.

Also, the Moving Blocks in the Chemical Plant Zone. Not really too harmful, but extremely annoying. Especially when the water level raises.

9. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    I don't really have a worst, but I will say that I hate the spikes in Sonic 1 the most.

Fuck that bug. :argh:

Speaking of bugs, that may warrant it's own poll option.

10. The spikes - specially on Sonic 1, of course. But they always seem to get me, in all of the games; I usually deal well with the water and the bottomless pits. But, oh my God, those damn spikes!!

11. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Bottomless pits, but I'd like to put in a special mention for all those goddamn boss fights where you aren't given any rings. Who the hell ever thought it was a good idea to say "oh, here's the final challenge of the game, and there's TWO BOSSES in a row -- hey it'd be great if we didn't give the player any rings!!" (or "hey let's not give the player rings for ANY boss!" in the case of most of the game gear games).

That always baffled me.

12. DeeNinja

DeeNinja

A generic young member. Member
    Spikes, Obstacles, and Water.

Spikes: My hatred for them came from one thing: Mystic Cave. Super Sonic. Once you jump into One of MCZ1's spike pits, there's no getting out of it. So I just wasted a minute of my life waiting to DIE. Seriously? Why, Sonic Team, Why? >_>

Obstacles: I go too fast to see what the hell I ran into. :v: That, and I hate having all the emeralds, 48 rings or something, then running into like a crusher or something. Or some rock in my way that makes me stop, then I can't get enough speed to jump over the gap and I land on an enemy or something and lose all my rings.

Water: I can never get to bubbles in time, and the physics are just so WEIRD for me. Too much low gravity, not enough speed, basically.

13. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    That god damn barrel.

After that, bottomless pits. The folding platforms at Wing Fortress were the most difficult part of the game to my kid self. Even after training to the point everything else was a breeze, that part still killed me a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.